Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rubbing me up the wrong way

Fazza'91

Damn VIC P Plate Laws
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute
G'Day guys, i was wondering if anybody here knows about VE SSV wheels being fitted on a 97 VS ute.

I've got a set of 19" SSV rims, machined to "apparently" fit earlier models, but today when I finally put them on, the backs fitted perfectly, looked great, but after putting the fronts on I realized the tyre rubs hard up against the struts, and is basically impossible to even spin by hand, let alone drive on. The tyres are 245/35/19's.

The only option I can think of is get a set of 235/35/19's, which aren't rated to suit VS commodores, so thats already illegal, plus a set of 8mm spacers, which are also illegal.

Has anyone here heard of, or had this problem? know of any solutions?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Arnt 19"s illegal anyway, stock ute has 15" rims, and do the 19"s tyres complie with the extra load rating of a ute.
The off set is wrong, Tyre size MAY give you enough room, but I recon spaces may be your only hope, as said, illegal and not ideal.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I've got a set of 19" SSV rims, machined to "apparently" fit earlier models

When people talk about machined VE wheels, they are talking about the centre being machined out so they fit on pre-VE hubs. So, yes, in that sense they did fit.