Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rudd's Crackdown on welfare for under 20's

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
First thing that Kevin Rudd has proposed that I agree with...

Youth Allowance should be insentive for youth people to get a higher education and become positive contributers to society...

Not free money for sitting around making no effort.

Same as with the dole... make an effort to do something of no money.

I don't understand why those of us who work hard and pay taxes are giving others a free ride in life...

I don't get why I have to give up one thord of my earnings being a contributing member of society while others get money for just existing...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I dont get it, Kevin Rudd was against the work for the dole scheme, but wants to bring this in? This leader is nothing but an idiot. I would be fairly certain the under 20's would be a fair minority of the welfare collectors. Perhaps its time to target these deadbeats who are unemployed longer than 3 months without any real reason why except for being job snobs.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I dont get it, Kevin Rudd was against the work for the dole scheme, but wants to bring this in? This leader is nothing but an idiot. I would be fairly certain the under 20's would be a fair minority of the welfare collectors. Perhaps its time to target these deadbeats who are unemployed longer than 3 months without any real reason why except for being job snobs.

Didn't Peter Garret say something along the lines of changing it all when they get in?

I don't mind the proposal myself as I think if you are not studying or training then you should be working.

On the other hand I just read on the Australian website that they are softening their stance on single parents....

Softer budget line on sole parents | The Australian

I think its a smokescreen to make them look good in light of the coming budget.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
it's a great idea!! make them "earn" the money... study isn't such a bad option.... if you don't want to study, get out and get a job. Simple really

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i thought youth allowance was for people studying only

So did I, if they get rid of financial assistance for people trying to study then thats stupid.

If its only for people not working or studying, then Im not sure if this is worse then agreeing commsirac or not, but I agree with Rudd. Should stop alot of these dropouts who sit around smoking cones, or sit in the local malls carving there name and pussy gang names into tables.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I had to laugh. On the news yesterday they asked a girl on the beach what she thought of the idea and her reply was "It's not fair. We should be given a choice". WTF?!? A choice whether to get money for nothing or actually work like the rest of us?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I had to laugh. On the news yesterday they asked a girl on the beach what she thought of the idea and her reply was "It's not fair. We should be given a choice". WTF?!? A choice whether to get money for nothing or actually work like the rest of us?

Wasn't ACA by any chance? ;)

She has a choice! Work, or study!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
it's a great idea!! make them "earn" the money... study isn't such a bad option.... if you don't want to study, get out and get a job. Simple really

A great idea would be making it the same across the entire age groups. There are so many people out there now who have been on the dole for years. Make the lazy ****s earn it or take it away.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
A great idea would be making it the same across the entire age groups. There are so many people out there now who have been on the dole for years. Make the lazy ****s earn it or take it away.

I agree with you, no free rides - but some of those people certainly fall into the "unemployable" category, and are very hard to integrate back into the workplace. As the saying goes "get 'em while they're young!". It's easy pickings.