Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rudd's Crackdown on welfare for under 20's

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I agree with you, no free rides - but some of those people certainly fall into the "unemployable" category, and are very hard to integrate back into the workplace. As the saying goes "get 'em while they're young!". It's easy pickings.

So use them as target practice or something, if they are no use to society now and are being paid to do nothing, may as well get SOME use out of them.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
So use them as target practice or something, if they are no use to society now and are being paid to do nothing, may as well get SOME use out of them.

Soylent Green? :)

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
Firstly those Youth on an allowance who live at home, do not have their payments activity tested, which means they do not have to comply with job searching requirements. This encourages some youth who are not motivated to find employment to begin a lifestyle of dole bludging. Either taking the payment away or making it activity tested would push a portion of these Youth to find jobs. However those who have been forced out of home by parent's who no longer want them around for whatever reason, will be in dire straights if there is no welfare payments available to them.

im pretty sure u only get youth allowance if u are studying whats considered a full time load ie high school or at least 75% of a uni full time load. i should know, i get it :p, it is activity tested and MEANS tested. family tax benefit a&b are the ones that arent activity tested im pretty sure, and im all for people getting nothing if they do nothing..

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
im pretty sure u only get youth allowance if u are studying whats considered a full time load ie high school or at least 75% of a uni full time load.

I am pretty sure you are wrong. :yeah:

I work in Job Network, therefore I know who gets what payments etc. and if they are activity tested or not. You do not have to be studying to get Youth Allowance. We have a large number of youth on our caseload on Youth Allowance who sleep the days away and won't come into appointments and refuse or stuff up jobs they are referred to. Sadly most play the system well and know how to get out of being breeched.

If you live at home it is generally not activity tested but if you live away from home it is. You are paid Youth Allowance until you turn 21, then you are put onto New Start Allowance.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
What about a full crack down across the board on welfare payments ?.

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
I am pretty sure you are wrong. :yeah:

I work in Job Network, therefore I know who gets what payments etc. and if they are activity tested or not. You do not have to be studying to get Youth Allowance. We have a large number of youth on our caseload on Youth Allowance who sleep the days away and won't come into appointments and refuse or stuff up jobs they are referred to. Sadly most play the system well and know how to get out of being breeched.

If you live at home it is generally not activity tested but if you live away from home it is. You are paid Youth Allowance until you turn 21, then you are put onto New Start Allowance.

glad i dont claim to be the oricle :D, i can see why he wants reform then, its wasted money, u learn something new everyday lol

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
^ Take a trip to the USA and spend some time walking the city streets if you have the balls for it rather than hiding away in some hotel and you will soon see why welfare is the one and only reason the UK and Australia are safer and better places to live. It's VERY important. In almost any major US city, walk around in the night and the vast majority of people are

A. Homeless.
B Drug dealers.
C Crazy.
D All of the Above

I've done the walk quite a few times in different cities, it's enlightening to say the least. You would be suprised how many US citizens just don't know about it because there are areas they just wont go to. I felt much less safe there than I did in the most dodgy areas I could possibly find in Mexico and I was really looking so I got an idea of the inner core of each place I went to. But yeah Australia is safe x 1000 and that's about the only the reason why you are all living in peace and don't need bars on your windows, 10 deadlocks on your doors and a security team gaurding the entrance to your private razor wire fenced suburb. That's normal reality in the richer areas of Mexico because there's plenty of people with nothing and no way to survive other than stealing your stuff, deperate people can and will do desperate things

at least 10 characters.

Last edited: