Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rumours of VE GTS Coupe

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
improvize said:
I don't know... Check out the latest Motor magazine :D
Ugh and it just keeps getting worse!!!!!
I Personally think it was a bad move i mean the mirage was at least popular small car despite being dog ugly.
It appealed to girls who liked the small cute (i dont see it) and appealed to the gay ricers.
But the colt dosnt have that appeal to anyone.
Sorry if anyone does like them but i can see why mitsu is going broke.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
andrewmac said:
Sorry if anyone does like them but i can see why mitsu is going broke.

I've only seen two 380's driving around since they came out (that I've noticed) and they are a good car, fast car :) The VE will be at least a full second slower to 100 than the 380 is. So why doesn't anyone buy one? just because it's front wheel drive?

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
I dont think the 380 is too bad.
A bit dull but they didnt want to go to extreme its there last ditch effort so they need to be fairly careful.
But there are alot of factors which will stop ppl buying them the interior is not a good quality which is a big downside for most ppl and fleets dont want to risk buying them cause if mitsu go bust then there will be probably be warranty issues.
The only reason i think they got large car of the year is because the motoring industry want them still in the country local economy etc etc...

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
greenfoam said:
Nah they should keep the Torana and get rid of the Commodore, from my old man perspective the Commodore is a modern inferior cheap and nasty imposter that cut the Toranas life short. I think if the LX hatchback had a decent gearbox and diff in it, it would have been the best car ever to come out of Australia, the hatch makes the car so much more useful (and looks more sporting) I can't see why anyone bothers making a sedan. Don't you think the whole Torana silence thing Holden is doing is a bit suspicous? I'm sure they realise everyman and his dogs loved the concept, well the front end could have been alot better but it's still a great thing and If the SSX was slick too and if they were missing 2 doors I'd like them even better :). Two hatchback concepts has got to mean something

Dump the Commodore for the Torana! I agree the Torana concept was a nice looking car but they should not dump the Commodore to sell the Torana. Thats the most un Australian thing I've seen in a while.

The silence around the Torana now is because they now have all there styling ideas for the VE. That was the Torana's purpose. I can see the Torana coming into production one day, but it wont be within the next couple of years. Holden are going to be flat out until then bringing the whole VE fleet into production.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
An almost two ton car with a 6 liter Mexican motor is distinctly American!: )

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
greenfoam said:
An almost two ton car with a 6 liter Mexican motor is distinctly American!: )

So does that make the rest of the Commodore models European because they where designed from Opels. The VE has been disigned in Australia for Australia.

I dont know where your statment about the 6 litre motor comes into it because the vast majority of the VE's will have a Port Melbourne built V6 in them. Even so the V8's are still going to be in an Australian built and designed car therfore there not distictly American.

Also do you know where the extra weight is coming from. Its coming from extra safety features. The day of a chasis, 4 wheels and a steering wheel are long gone, therfore leading to extra weight.

Remember to just because a Torana suits your lifestyle doesnt mean it suits everyone elses. If you buy a Commodore you will be using more fuel than a Toyota Corolla, if you dont like it downsize. At the same time people who buy a Commodore are aware of this and buy it because its what suits them. I for one will be sticking with my Commodores.

B

Banned

SlickHolden said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX_KN079
Concept Torana was Commodore sized... It MAY yet be released as a Commodore hatch. But then again I'm dumb

Ever heard of the term DEFAMATION? Because that's what you can be sued for if you're deliberately mis-quoting someone... Just wanted to warn you considering I know for a FACT you are misquoting and that it's not hard for something to be done about it.

This forum will be subpoenaed for you email address and IP address, then you ISP will be subpoenaed for your details, then you will be subpoenaed to appear in court. Just so you understand the process.

B

Banned

greenfoam said:
Just a few weeks ago the boss of Pontiac said the GTO will be back for 2008 and will be co developed with Holden so that means the Monaro is comming back.

Yes but it will stay on the current platform. It won't be a VE variant.

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
Oh please get the fu@k over yourself!! Are you a lawyer now? Go ahead and try and get him for defamation!! See how far you get!! I DARE YA!
For a 26yo you are VERY immature for your age. I bet your boyfriend thinks so as well!!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Banned said:
Ever heard of the term DEFAMATION? Because that's what you can be sued for if you're deliberately mis-quoting someone... Just wanted to warn you considering I know for a FACT you are misquoting and that it's not hard for something to be done about it.

This forum will be subpoenaed for you email address and IP address, then you ISP will be subpoenaed for your details, then you will be subpoenaed to appear in court. Just so you understand the process.
Every herd of the words Who gives a ****:p
I"ll pass my home address off-line just for you if you would like to continue this out of this great forum:D
Maybe i might counter your defamation:p
And by the way no this forum will not allow my email address to public, Also if they do it, It will come up in Canberra:D And my ISP also has a very sophisticated security set up on the INTERNET connection, It changes my IP address. And they wont give out personal information also. Your going to need a Little more then that weak stuff.
So that rock behind you go crawl back under it.