Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running cables to boot in ve.

jayden.2.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Berlina
Hey guys,
What's the easiest way to get cables from the cabin to the boot?
I read that you have to take out the back seats? Is there an easier way?
Is there a special opening for all the cables, considering the battery is in the boot also.
Thanks.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
tape what ever cables you are using ( for a sound system i guess) and tape them to some thicker wire stuff that you would use to oxy weld so around 1-2mm think and thread that through where ever you wanted the cables. it also matters how clean you want it to look. under the carpets is pretty big... if you want it looking really clean. personally i would run the cables through and under the center console then do what i suggested under the carpet in the corner of the floor pan and the hump in the middle of the carpet and when your under the seats find the wire again

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
Thanks mate, So ya think the best way is to remove the seats?

i guess. i haven't taken my seats out. would be pretty simple as it would be just 4 bolts per seat. and unclipping a wire. im not sure about the airbag situation though. someone may need to help me with that info. i would disconnect the battery just to be safe.... oh while your at it go MCM and jack up your car even though your not working underneath it...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You could always go underneath the floor on the outside, and then drill a hole up, install a grommet and pull the wiring through. Making sure to properly support and shield the cable running outside the car.

Or you could just flip the back seat up.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
removing the back seat of a VE is a piece of p... you get the idea.....

Its basically clips at the front of the seat. Pull up and they will unclip. The back of the cushion kind of has some lugs that go into some other lugs on the chassis of the car.

In the old car, I removed the cushion and ran the sub wiring to the front of the car for aux power. I unclipped the seat trims and door trims at base of door to run it. But in hindsight I reckon you could push it up behind those trims easy.

jayden.2.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Berlina
Okay, im only running some rca's and a control wire for a sub and amp so ill probably just use door trims and run it under the seat.
Another question, is it better to run rca's from an LOC that's in the cabin or run the speaker wiring to the boot and install a LOC there.
Thanks for all the help lads.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I'd say you're better off keeping the speaker wires as short as possible.

RCA's are generally shielded better, so less likely to pick up noise/interference etc.

So yeah, keep the LOC in the cabin (as close to the source as possible) and run RCA's to boot after that.