Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running Cold

YT068

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Wagon
Hey guys, I've got a VP series 2 and when on the highway it runs cold ( between the cold line and first blue line) when stopped or running around at slow speeds it will rise but not too much. When at low temps I've got no heat coming from my heater, but when temp guage comes up there is more heat but not that much, would these problems be connected in any way??? Hopin for some answers before i start to take the thing apart.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Could be that your thermostat is stuck open or you don't have one at all. And yes, these things would be connected.

YT068

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Wagon
Thanks for that, at least it gives me a direction to look into

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
+1 for this. Had the same problem in my VN with the same symptoms, altho i had mine stuck open. Being a VP it will be easier for you to change then it was for me :p

YT068

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Wagon
Nice pair of vn's, my vp is an old $800 crapper, but it got me from Brisbane to Melbourne in one piece. Any styling ideas to do to the VP?? Not sure if I should put money into it or find something else.