Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running Gear

DJRandom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore V
is it possible to drop in VE V6 engine / gearbox and running gear into a VX V6 car?

vxcustom

VXXX
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 executive
It is definately possible though at this point I would have thought cost prohibitive and if you were to upgrade why not just upgrade to the ls1 v8 I imagine as a running gear swap this would most likely work out to be the cheaper option. Not sure about the rules in NSW but cant imagine the RTA would allow this kind of swap for a p plater (I'm pretty sure that in VIC it would not be allowed for P's - S#@T nuthin is really allowed in VIC) so my opinion is go for the v8

DJRandom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore V
cant drive v8 on P's thats why i was looking at a VE v6 because it has more power then the VX v6 so i would get more power and still be able to drive it just want to know if all the running gear from a VE would go into a VX like all the drivshafts , diff , engine , gearbox , everything

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
cant drive v8 on P's thats why i was looking at a VE v6 because it has more power then the VX v6 so i would get more power and still be able to drive it just want to know if all the running gear from a VE would go into a VX like all the drivshafts , diff , engine , gearbox , everything

Why not running gear from a vz... that's plug an play