Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running temp on vt motor with a vs manifold

Steven VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim 1995
Does anyone know when the thermo fans are supposed to kick in when you've got a VS manifold and a VT motor my one is not clicking till it gets to the fourth line to the red. It starts going down but I'm just a bit weary of it Is this ok?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
use the coolant temp sensor from your old motor?
Series 1 VT V6

High Fan ON 111.50c
High Fan OFF 107.75c

Low Fan ON 104c
Low Fan OFF 99.50c

CXWL or Higher Memcal
Series 2 VT V6

High Fan ON 107c
High Fan OFF 103c

Low Fan ON 104c
Low Fan OFF 99.50c

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
it will be running the vs ecu so manifold doesn't matter , 3/4 on the temp gauge is normal for the vs.
check to see if the low speed fan is coming on then the hi speed. if its too hot for your liking get a decent tune they program the fans to come on early and keep the motor cool my car has a memcal and the hi speed fans come on at 96 degrees.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
it will be running the vs ecu so manifold doesn't matter , 3/4 on the temp gauge is normal for the vs.
check to see if the low speed fan is coming on then the hi speed. if its too hot for your liking get a decent tune they program the fans to come on early and keep the motor cool my car has a memcal and the hi speed fans come on at 96 degrees.
Never seen one go over 1/2 unless there are problems. They typically sit on 1/4 to 1/3.