Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

runs rough runs smooth runs rough runs smooth

BobbyWatson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Well, in my case the verdict is a broken valve spring which was finally detected through a compression test that failed on one cylinder.

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
dude I am having same problem !!!

IF city driving car idles really bad and does not accelerate good ... but if engines cold is ok ,freeway and arriving at destination car idles like brand new ..car gets a slight miss when warming up ...

Inlet manifold gasket shot to **** , was told by someone who has done a heap of them said the gasket expands with heat so you get a tight seal so proper air/fuel mixture ... and also theres a water jacket there to keep inlet cool ..the gasket dies in the ass and does not expand like it used to so water in cylinders and air leak ..

I got a quote for $400 ... I am ringing around for a better quote ...

@goldvn05

I was going to say spark plugs or leads or coil pack or stuffed injectors ... but the steam out exhaust is bad sign ..

I was told head gaskets rarely go on VN-VP and the engines are tough as nails .. lol

If you fine you have to add coolant every few months you have inlet manifold leak or headgasket .... I put $100 it be the inlet manifold gasket ..

If you run your cars on tap water and no coolant the first things to start rusting and leaking is the timing cover on right upper side where crank angle sensor wire comes down , and the inlet manifold gasket .. if these become corroded then they rooted and might not be worth fixing unless you can do yourself.

Go to supercheap auto , repco ... they got this stuff called CARGO ... $10 a bottle-->
http://www.derek.com.au/cargo.html

drain cooling system ... add tap water ... add a bottle ... go for a good drive .... leave the stuff in for a day or two ... drain cooling system completely ... leave cooling system dry for 12 hours ... now add coolant and see how you go ... this may help... but eventually time for new gaskets ..

Last edited: