Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rust-Oleum Garage Floor Coating

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

a number of years ago i scored a 10lt tin of industrial floor paint, but over the years it has ripped up and gone a bit tired from not clear coating it.

been on the back of my mind to redo it but never had the reason to until i saw an add for this brand Rust-Oleum Rock Solid at Bunnings.

heres the range of products and colours: https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?q=garage floor paint&redirectFrom=Any

i really loved the gunmetal marbel look and ideally thats what i want to buy. ive really got no experience with painting - and the how to videos are very basic. im not too sure how many square meters my garage is but i think ill need 2 boxes + clear coat and probably that etch stuff.

has anybody used this stuff before? or interested in using it?

EDIT: just went and measured my shed. roughly 9x6=54sqm so i would need 3 boxes. jeez getting pricey now!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Risky

I was thinking about painting my garage floor as it's concrete with a few marks here & there I've tried to move. I've never done it before so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The floor of the Gosford Car Museum is painted/sealed with ....... dunno, but it sure looks good. Hard to describe, rocky marble ? Not granite, or polished concrete.
Perhaps ask them what it is.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
You need to etch the concrete so whatever you coat it with will stick. Like sanding your car before you paint.
In the past I have used the product below, after using hydrochloric acid diluted with water. You put the acid and water in a watering can and cover the concrete and let it dwell for 5-10 minutes, then rinse off with water. I can't remember the ratio but the guys at a proper paint shop will know.
Make sure you use a proper respirator, gloves and protective footwear and safety glasses when using the acid, that **** will burn your lungs, eyes and skin.

image.jpg1_zpssvdxajax.jpg