Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rust ... The Evil Part of owning a car

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Hey guys.. just wondering what sort of tips you could give me about this rust i have

I found it yesterday after fixing the tow bar.. literally flaking from my boot.. also some in the passenger door and various little other places over the car..
Just wondering if from experience should i flake it all off put some rust converter/Paint and hope for the best? it only seems to be surface rust on both situations..

i will get some pics tonight to demonstrate a bit better..
Cheers Guys

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
cheers mate.. ill give that a go.. im abit of a amature when it comes to bodywork

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
MRVT97 i dont know anything about this topic but you might get some better responses in the spray painting pannel beating section.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
cheers man good point ...;p just bored n was seeing what the best way would be for my vt

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
a vt with rust thats pretty rare in it self is it eating into the metal or is it just spotty surface rust that would sand off

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
steve ill give ya a hand to fix it mate most likely has it due to being so close to the beach from the previous owner and not being washed as it was a mess when you got it.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Pretty sure rust should be cut out, properly plated and then body filler used to fill over the top of the plate.. Never just "bog it up" that's dodgy as ####.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
its best to cut it out ,weld a plate in, sink the plate slightly and lead wipe it but filling with lead and file finishing these days dosent get practiced much, so body filler is ok, do it properly the first time and treat the cause of the rust and it wont come back dont waste your time just filling it because it will bubble up in no time.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
steve ill give ya a hand to fix it mate most likely has it due to being so close to the beach from the previous owner and not being washed as it was a mess when you got it.

Ill come show u sometime this weekend man.. its drivn me bonkers.. and yeah prob the fact its NEVER been cleaned and it was near a beach