Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RvtRvx's Delft Blue Monaro/SS Kitted VX Lumina Now a Manual!!

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Well what a disappointing day I have had. Got quotes from local panel beaters to get the bar sprayed and the badge taken of. The going rate seems to be about 250 to paint the bar plus another $350-$400 to get the bonnet done.So it could end up costing way more than I have budgeted to pay. Sadly this is turning into something I just cant afford. So much to my displeasure I have decided to sell the Bar, Lights, Badge and Grill and look at maybe an SS Front. If anybody is interested please send me a PM or just reply here.

Cheers

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
when i got mine done through insurance it was quoted at $160 for the bar $20 to weld up holes and $180 to spray bonnet.

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
when i got mine done through insurance it was quoted at $160 for the bar $20 to weld up holes and $180 to spray bonnet.

Unfortunately nobody in my area will go below $300 for the bonnet.

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Unfortunately nobody in my area will go below $300 for the bonnet.

Bad luck mate, you dont think it's worth hanging onto them just in case you find somewhere else? Im not sure about the welding in the bonnet, but the bar and bonnet are relatively easy to install, you just have then take it to a body shop or auto paint shop. In my suburb and nearby, the going rate for those 2 paint jobs are about 80 each, which are a hell of a lot cheaper than your area, and seem like trustworthy fair dinkum places.
I'd throw an offer your way, but there's a few things i wanted to do first, and running low on the bread too :/

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Bad luck mate, you dont think it's worth hanging onto them just in case you find somewhere else? Im not sure about the welding in the bonnet, but the bar and bonnet are relatively easy to install, you just have then take it to a body shop or auto paint shop. In my suburb and nearby, the going rate for those 2 paint jobs are about 80 each, which are a hell of a lot cheaper than your area, and seem like trustworthy fair dinkum places.
I'd throw an offer your way, but there's a few things i wanted to do first, and running low on the bread too :/

There are about 4 panel shops where I live lol. And I've got heaps of other random things to pay for like Rego and insurance (which is freaking expensive when your my age) and when your earning piss all a week like I am you have to draw the line somewhere. Also me and my Dad can install them so that price didn't even include installation. (he is a Holden mechanic lol). Would rather do things like this to a V8 when the time comes. But by then I will probably have a VE lol.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
give it a crack ur self with cans or find a mate with a gun..

dont worry to much about the hood holes, from about 2m away u dont c them unless ur looking at it and know its there

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
And I've got heaps of other random things to pay for like Rego and insurance (which is freaking expensive when your my age) and when your earning piss all a week like I am you have to draw the line somewhere.
I know how you feel mate, im almost 18 and insurance is gonna be one big bitch when i get it under my own name..
And this is all without a job, just using old savings money :yeah:

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Or you could jib it and say your parents drive most of the time but have it under your name. :D

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Update!

Well another exciting day. Went to see another panel beater and he reckons he can do it with out re spraying the entire bonnet and he is only charging $250 to do it all. Pretty nice bloke and ive seen his work before and he is good.

So the Monaro bar should be in by next week :D :D