Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ryan's VB Daily/Project

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ahahhhhhHHHAAA.

im sorry, but thats pretty funny. anyway the the "weird hole thingie" is the access to your idle mixture screws, if you look at the opposite side of the baseplate you will see another one. there are two adjustable screws in there and they adjust your idle mixtures.

the "thing that has a h next to it" is a vacuum port. i believe that is full vacuum, so that will be the cold side of your tvs.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
ah ok ari, thanks for that info, so my carby is fine for those things. should probably tighten up my fuel intake though

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
so i took of the air filter set up so i could tighten the fuel intake and time will tell if it will still leak. also the full vacuum line from the carby, where is that supposed to go as currently it doesnt go anywhere...

Last edited:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Advance on the dizzy?

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
If you ever need any troubleshooting or work to bring your combo together PM me and Ill organise a time for you to be looked after.Our family owns a Dyno Centre and have been in the same spot for 30+ years.

Once you get the heads ect of SOOP doing your ignition and quaddy setup would make it alot more nicer to drive all round with your combo.You will be suprised what a good set of heads,matchported manifold,tuned quaddy and ignition can yield at the rear wheels.Do you have a large or small cap HEI dizzy?

Shop is located near Plympton.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
If you ever need any troubleshooting or work to bring your combo together PM me and Ill organise a time for you to be looked after.Our family owns a Dyno Centre and have been in the same spot for 30+ years.

Once you get the heads ect of SOOP doing your ignition and quaddy setup would make it alot more nicer to drive all round with your combo.You will be suprised what a good set of heads,matchported manifold,tuned quaddy and ignition can yield at the rear wheels.Do you have a large or small cap HEI dizzy?

Shop is located near Plympton.

once ive got the heads and manifold on i will definately shoot you a pm as ive been after getting someone to tune my quaddy and sort out my ignition on a dyno so i can find out where my cars at in terms of power and torque as i really have no idea. i couldnt tell you if i have a small or large cap dizzy, how do i tell? im still learning you see

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Large point dizzys have terminal posts with over 1" gap between each other(posts).The cap is larger than a teacup saucer in comparrison if that helps.lol.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
that full vacuum port will go to the cold side of your TVS, i.e. the little plastic 'tree' thingie on the front of the inlet manifold. if tvs isnt hooked up then block it off.

yeah the plastic tree thingie has nothing going into it at all. so the fact that the tvs is diasbled, does this explain why its a pain in the neck to cold start the vb?

karlos: ill have to check the dizzy cap later, i cant be stuffed right now, just got in after an afternoon of cruising with a few mates