Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rythmic metallic noise

thundr06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6L Thunder Ute
Hi,
Ill try list as much info as possible as I haven’t been able to find much in regards to my issue.
Recently had headers and cats installed onto my Alloytec VZ and within 2 days it had developed a rhythmic metallic sound that will come and go. It is a noise that is insync with the engine idle, normally only happens when the engine sort of stumbles or is a bit rough, not car shaking but you can feel it in the cabin. I cant see any areas that could be touching or moving too much to create this noise.
If anyone has any opinions, ideas or clues as to the noise I’d like to hear it, even if its got a $ attached to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

thundr06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6L Thunder Ute
Heat shields under the car near exhaust.
Huh, haven't actually had a good look under the vehicle. I didn't install the headers and cats so I'm not certain what was removed and what remained.
I have noticed that my driverside header/cat flange is on a steeper angle making the cat sit lower than the passenger side. Might have to jack it up this weekend and have a nosey around.
Cheers for the reply Fu

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They won’t be noticeably loose. They can get bent or loosened. Just needs a slight touch on the body and it’s vibrating away periodically with revs.