Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S/C'd VR V6 - Nitrous Applications

adept

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive & 99 VT XU8
ok peoples, my engine + s/c is finally nearly ready to pickup.

consists of fully custom built forged v6 (internals are secret - shhhh) + intercooled and water injected vortec charger with aftermarket ecu, full race fuel system (including surge tank/dual pumps etc).

the engine hasnt been stroked and all the internals are top of the line with all the usual bolt on's and a full stainless exhaust from the extractors.

being that it will take some time to get used to the ole' girl again before i can get it on the strip, ive been looking at nitrous for when i do get used to it again, and the NOS Sniper kit seems to be retailing at around $500 (supply only).

just wondering - with a forged v6 and s/c would it be worth it, to dose this up with a Sniper kit, or do I bite the bullet and try and go for custom built injected nitrous twin shot system (im guessing ill have to change out my brand new injectors as well as other things).

if anyone has any knowledge of whats involved / has done something similar, please post your feedback.

cheers!