Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S.O.S!

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
These comments are not aimed at anyone, but my general comment about the ‘speeding’ and ‘speed was a factor’ comments when describing an accident.

‘Speeding’ is an adjective to describe something in motion …. a speeding truck/car/train/bike/skateboard. Whether it is fast or slow is comparative to its surroundings, and may or may not be dangerous to those involved. It is not an action in itself.

‘Speed was a factor’. Well, of course it was …. simples. Anytime you travel at a speed faster than a casual walk you are likely to hurt yourself. If you are standing still and are the victim of a coward punch, you could die as a result of the ‘speed’ at which you hit your head on the pavement.

‘Driving faster than the allowed speed limit, or current road conditions’ should be used to describe an incident, rather than the shock/horror headlining news reports.

Forgive my English language lecture, but I really get pissed off about the same-same sagely spoken words by the authorities and ‘experts’ regarding accidents.

Lack of driver training, lack of common sense and attention, road rage, unroadworthy vehicles, crap roads. Explain the real reason.

It's not speed that kills...it's the sudden stop at the end..