Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S V S Alert ?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well, wouldn't you know it. Ended up putting in a new switch and the bloody message still appears.

It looks like StylinSV6 has a similar problem, where the SVS alert might not be related to the oil pressure sensor.

Can anyone suggest another issue that gives cause for this message to appear? From previous advice, it's not related to emissions, so temperature, oxygen sensors, throttle sensors etc shouldn't be the cause. Any suggestions?

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
You could check the battery like Holden said was causing mine?

As i found out recently, the VZ's have a battery volt meter that can be displayed in the dash, so chuck that on and see what the volts drop to on start up? Worth a try if nothing else.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Fixed at last

As the title says, the SVS message has finally been consigned to the electronic dust-bin. Fiddled and farted around with the wiring connector, re-soldered a couple of connections and it's finally gone.

So is the car this weekend - sold to the first person to look it over.

wal's VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Calaber you had real dramas with that one. wonder if that is another common fault? but at the end of the day you fixed it hopefully cheaper than whay holden would have charged. Good work.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Wal

There was one little bit of good news with the job - the switch "only" cost me $125.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Any of you guys remember what the part number for the switch was?

I called Ultra Tune today to ask what they're charging to fix this... I was told approx $135 to replace the oil pressure switch, but they are currently out of stock and waiting for Holden to get the switches in. So I then called my nearest Holden dealer (Summit Holden in Elsternwick) and asked if they had any in stock, he first said that they were out of stock but they cost $195. I said "wow that's a lot" and he then put me on hold while he double checked the price, he came back to say they were actually $165. I told him about Ultra Tune's price and he then questioned if they are using genuine Holden parts, and I said yes. He put me on hold once again and came back to say they actually had 5 or 6 of them in stock and they only cost $65. So I just went in to pick one up, he assures me it's the VZ one but it just sounds like I've got it too cheap. Not complaining, just hoping I've got the right one.

EDIT: Nevermind... definitely is the right part. I went and bought the socket from Repco for $18 and just completed the replacement. No more SVS alert... FANTASTIC! I think I got the switch at a great price too! If anyone needs one they have a few left at Summit Holden in Elsternwick for $65.

Last edited: