Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S V S Alert ?

wal's VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
My VZ has a Service Vehicle Soon alert and sounds an audible alrm when i stop at traffic lights and when starting the car. What is this about? Services are ok and i reset the service alert in the computer but nothing was needing to be reset. Any ideas what the S V S Alert problem may be? Thanks. Wayne

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
My VZ has a Service Vehicle Soon alert and sounds an audible alrm when i stop at traffic lights and when starting the car. What is this about? Services are ok and i reset the service alert in the computer but nothing was needing to be reset. Any ideas what the S V S Alert problem may be? Thanks. Wayne

Wal

This has been covered in frequent threads, but your owner's handbook will tell you that your car has developed a "non-emissions related fault" which cannot be cleared by the normal mode/set buttons. You will need to have the car checked with a Tech 2 analyser and have the defect causing the message remedied.

It could be any one of a number of faults relating to the engine or transmission.

My son has been driving for months with the same message and will have to address it soon before he sells his car.

wal's VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
ok thanks Calaber. i might just check for anything obvious but what you told me was what i was thinking but im not up to date with late model cars. like to old HQs. Thanks mate.

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Fault diagnosis

Hold the mode and set buttons down together,
Turn key to on position, the dash LCD will change.
You are now in a diagnostic mode.
Scroll through menu in LCD using
the Mode button until you reach the trouble
codes display.
If there are any fault codes a number will be
displayed on this screen.
Any faults should be dealt with by Holden.

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
If it's a V6 engine fair chance it will be the oil pressure sender. Very common fault lately. But get the code checked to be sure.

wal's VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Thanks RODBOL and dj ice. ill try to get the code to show on the screen. Is there a list of codes anywhere saying what each code is?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Thanks RODBOL and dj ice. ill try to get the code to show on the screen. Is there a list of codes anywhere saying what each code is?

Hi Wal

I have the Haynes manual which has a big list of error codes. If you can go through your system check and note the codes down, I'll see if I can determine what they are.

Some are simple numbers like "13", and others are letter/digit codes like "PO713" so make sure you get the full code numbers.

wal's VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Thanks mate. just checked and when i go to the error codes ot shows up 2 rows a zeros about 18 or so

just like that. i didnt count exactly how many but thats what it looks like.

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Bad news

It's off to Holden you go!
Good luck!

wal's VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
dont say that lol. i might try to reset the computer 1st. how is that done in VZs? i used to do my VN years ago but dont know how to do this one.