Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S1 GTS auto shifting hard

Dannyc728

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s1 HSV GTS
Hey guys!!

Me again with probably another dumb question..... so my 2006 HSV GTS will shift super hard into 2nd and 3rd gear but fine all the others .... I've only just purchased this and the car dealer didn't know of any mods .... but a friend of mine asked if it had a shift kit in the box ??? How would I know ? And also the sports shift button does not work....

Any insight would be awesome guys

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Does it have the 6l80 gear box? The 6 speed auto? They have a known issues between 2 and 3. Hard shifts/flaring/ laggy. Put up with it or you can get new seals put in that will fix it apparently

Dannyc728

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s1 HSV GTS
Does it have the 6l80 gear box? The 6 speed auto? They have a known issues between 2 and 3. Hard shifts/flaring/ laggy. Put up with it or you can get new seals put in that will fix it apparently

Yes it is the 6sp auto .... hmm so it may be up for a rebuild is what your saying ? Or is it a minor repair?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
By googling “GM Holden 6l80 auto shift issues recall service campaign”, first hit was Recalls and faults VE commodore (2006-2013) which discussed issues with the 6l80 autos and pointed to a service bulletin :cool: Here is the service bulletin 09-07-30-004J describing the issue ;)

So this known issue should have been fixed while under manufacturers warranty. You may want to follow up with the dealer whether the fixes were ever applied and if so why it’s occurring again. In any case it should be fixed and shouldn't cost you anything as your statutory warranty under Australian Consumer Law (ACL) should cover it.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
look up big mouth filter on here, etc may just need a good service and tune for Auto, does it have OTR, exhaust, etc, tune can do wonders