Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S1 VT Water Leak

sheapard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Aclaim
My wifes series 1 vt is leaking water under the two front doors into the floor. The drain holes in the doors are clear, the water seems to be comming between the door panel and the door frame? How can this be possible? Running down the plastic sill plate into the floor. Has anyone else had this problem? In heavy rain the water puddles on both sides of the car. This will not be doing the carpet or the floor anygood and the smell!!!!

Bazzdogs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S
some of holdens VT commodore rubber seals are not always say... "checked", before their installed on the car. Dont get me wrong, i love holdens with a passion but i also was disappointed when i got a leak in the back left door and it turned out to be small holes where the rubber seals meet on the body to the door. Also if you've got the time, VT rear spoilers are also known to have bad seals and can leak water into the boot through where its bolted to the boot. I had to make new seals for the wing but the door seals needed replacement. you might get away checking the rubber yourself and maybe finding the leak and sealing it.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
plastic sheets behind the door trims? need to remove the trims to check. the "sticky" seal around edges may not be there any more.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Check the mirrors.