Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S2 Acclaim Footwell Lighting

Thurlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Fairly new to car modding, but been researching and found a lot of helpful info. Just a few fine details I can't quite understand yet.

I'll be installing my own LED footwell lighting in my VT s2 acclaim in the next week or so..
Now, my car does NOT already have footwell lighting in it..
So I was just wondering, are there any wires close to the commodore dash/footwell, or spare wires that when connected to the footwell lighting will act the same as the interior light does?
Eg. Lights up when doors open.

If not, what is my next easiest option? Run wires to the factory interior light?
If this is so, then what is my easiest way of going about that?

Keep in mind, i would like to keep the wires as hidden as possible to maintain the neat look of the car.

Thank you in advance for any help. :D

Last edited:

Thurlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Bump

BUMP, would still like some help if possible before I attempt this based completely on what I think is correct.

Okay, so i did a bit of exploring on my own, is it possible to use wires located here?

This is what is found in the red circle of previous picture (Sorry its a bit blurry, phone camera/shaky hands)

The wires i found were:
Orange/Black stripe
Yellow/Blue stripe
White/Green stripe
Black/Blue stripe

Now I am a complete beginner with this stuff, and would appreciate any help at all..
But I also thought i was meant to be looking for an Orange and a White/orange wire (which i found, but had diff colour stripes on them)

I just want these LEDs to light up the same as my roof light does when doors open, am i able to just solder wires on to the same wire that is running to the roof light?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
yes you can tap into the roof light for it, im fairly sure quite a few people have done this already.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
my exec has the existing wires already there im guessing 4 the higher end models wen they r being produced that r tapped up in the kick panels so mayb check 4 those 1st? u'll know wen u see them they have a brown globe holder thats the same as ur auto shifter and they take the T10 globes so ideally u can make them plug n play with out any soldering or crimping.

Thurlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Okay just had another quick'ish look for these 'existing footwell light wires' and still think I cannot find them. :ranting:

Say i'm sitting in the drivers seat, where am i meant to be looking, the left or right area under the steering wheel?
I checked on the right, and found nothing but bunched wires all running to something..

I only found one thing, but have no idea what it is(will kick myself if this is it) and what the wires running to it are.. And if they're usable.
Directly under the steering wheel, a bit back near the pedals, I found some wires that lead to some connector maybe? :S Shown in this pic..

What's this for? lol
Usable for what i want yes/no?
Can also show wires behind that lead into it if needed..

Wish I knew someone who has done this already and could help me in person.
Sorry again for all the beginner questions.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Okay just had another quick'ish look for these 'existing footwell light wires' and still think I cannot find them. :ranting:

Say i'm sitting in the drivers seat, where am i meant to be looking, the left or right area under the steering wheel?
I checked on the right, and found nothing but bunched wires all running to something..

I only found one thing, but have no idea what it is(will kick myself if this is it) and what the wires running to it are.. And if they're usable.
Directly under the steering wheel, a bit back near the pedals, I found some wires that lead to some connector maybe? :S Shown in this pic..

What's this for? lol
Usable for what i want yes/no?
Can also show wires behind that lead into it if needed..

Wish I knew someone who has done this already and could help me in person.
Sorry again for all the beginner questions.

No dont use that, that is your diagnostic connector for running diagnostics your self or for more details by holden. I would go through the roof lighting since you cant seem to find any existing wires.

I looked in My exec VX and i dont have them either. or that i just did not look hard enough lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
You will likely only have the plug on the passenger side, take out the glove box and or the side dash that passes air from the dash to the door and look in there. Thats where i found it in dad's vt ss which had a low level bcm

If you find it there you can just run some wores over for the driver side.

Thurlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Thanks for the replies. :)
Yeah I almost just resorted to using the roof lighting wires, but will have one more look around after reading 0081's post.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
After some more digging around, remove glove box and centre console kick guard, i found 4 open wires, but i dont think they are for the foot well light, as when the roof light goes off, i still get full 12v, and another set i only get 4.5v from it. Colours are orange, green, and 2 yellow, think they are both +

any ideas?