Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S3X Strikes The Right Note For Holden

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Australian International Motor Show, 13 October 2005: Holden has shown the striking S3X concept SUV as the preview for a seven-seater Holden destined for Australia next year.

Holden today confirmed a production version of the S3X would be introduced into the Australian market during 2006, offering the full flexibility of an SUV-style vehicle with the confidence of the Holden brand.

The production vehicle will closely resemble the S3X which has gathered major design accolades since its world debut in late 2004.

And the car has an Australian influence with two former Holden designers, Michael Simcoe and Max Wolff, part of the design team which ensured the car would attract global attention.

GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director, Denny Mooney, today said S3X signalled a new era for Holden’s market footprint in Australia and its most purposeful step into the SUV arena.

Mr Mooney said the SUV would immediately challenge established performers through its attention-getting design and carrying flexibility.

“The S3X production version will fill Holden’s most obvious portfolio gap in a truly convincing way,” he said.

“It will have great packaging flexibility, up-to-the-minute design and extremely competitive levels of equipment.

“It will deliver three rows of seating to accommodate seven in comfort and will provide sporty suspension allowing the type of driveability which people expect from Holden.

“S3X is a sign of things to come for Holden SUVs and gives strong hints on how the final production car will look.

Holden has been involved in the vehicle’s design and engineering development with GM Daewoo Auto & Technology, with the production version representing the first vehicle to fully benefit from General Motors’ global resources since GM’s major investment in GMDAT in 2002.

Simcoe, formerly Holden’s Design Director, was head of Asia-Pacific Design when the car was being developed. Wolff, a former Holden Senior Designer, is now Deputy Director Advanced Design at GMDAT.

Source - Holden Media Web Site

Attachments

• Holden_S3X_Pic6.jpg
    Holden_S3X_Pic6.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Holden_S3X_Pic2.jpg
    Holden_S3X_Pic2.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 349
  • Holden_S3X_Pic3.jpg
    Holden_S3X_Pic3.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Holden_S3X_Pic4.jpg
    Holden_S3X_Pic4.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Holden_S3X_Pic1.jpg
    Holden_S3X_Pic1.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 601
  • Holden_S3X_Pic5.jpg
    Holden_S3X_Pic5.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 476

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Again with the site change!!

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?? :shutup:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hmm I saw S3X and I thought that looks like some cryptic form of SEX lol. I wonder if holden has this intention at all. Lots of cars, around here anyway, use a 3 in place of E with their dodgy cryptic no. plates.

chris87

Reaction score
apparently when it goes on sale in SK later this year, it will carry the advertising slogan "Have you had S3X today?"

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
I like it - except for the roof. I think it makes it look tacky. i'd be interested in knowing an approx price tag. Just so i can dream on LOL