Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SA Cruises from the last few weeks

GEM 13B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily vy clubsport rx7 1jz corona
Thought I would post a couple of links for cruises from the last few weeks.

One was the SMASA cruise
SMASA Cruise 19th May 12 | Facebook

The other was the Monaro cruise
Monaro Cruise 2nd June 2012 | Facebook

Sorry about the resolution of the pics, FB messes with them when they are uploaded and drops the image quality.

If they dont work yell out and ill put them elsewhere.

Andreas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS III V6 ute
Wow nice professional pic's mate, what camera and settings.
I'm hopeless at night with photos still leave it on auto, and what photo shop type program did you use for these photos.

GEM 13B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily vy clubsport rx7 1jz corona
Thanks bud, it's just a bit of a hobby at the moment, as they say practice makes perfect..
The camera is a Nikon d90 on manual setting, no flash. As for exact settings I couldn't really tell you as they changed for every photo, just sorta go with the flow. From memory the shutter Speed was on about+4'ish and the appature was quite large. I then edit using paint.net, I have photoshop but usually end up using .net. Hope that helps you some what.

Flash photography isn't great when doing a night shoot like this because it tends to illuminate the fore ground too much and the background not enough. In these situations there was more than enough background light to make use of a long exposure, I guess the real trick is finding a car parked in the right light...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Flash photography isn't great when doing a night shoot like this

No, the trick is knowing how to use lights...strobes/continous will always get you much better photos than natural light at night for anything that needs illumination.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
No idea what crap nikon use but with canon gear in that light, 2 580exII's on stands, 10 second setup, meter light, shoot, move stands to next car, same again. Things are only a hassle if you choose them to be. :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Obviously u take this a little more serious than myself :) Like I said its just a hobby, far from professional.
Got any of your pics for examples?

Btw this may sound dumb but what do u mean by meter light?

I haven't done cars in a long time, they bore me :p There are a few few pics scattered across this site though, will shoot you a pm when I get back in this afternoon.

Meter light means taking a reading from a light meter to know exactly witin a stop or so of what your ideal settings would be. It basically helps prevent over/under exposure and time wasting.I see so many guys these days relying on in built meters that it scares me.

As you said though, it is just a hobby for you so not a big deal :)