Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] holidaying in adeliade, whats good?

deez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
lived in adelaide for 4 years and although it is quite truly a s***hole, it does have some nice spots, they're just a little hard to find.

- hindley and rundle streets in the cbd are usually lively on fri/sat night and there are plenty of good pubs around
- norwood parade kinda reminds me of melbourne's lygon street and has lots of good cafe's and restaurants
- other posters have mentioned the hills - yeah they're pretty cool, check out Hahndorf, its a good tourist spot
- glenelg is also lively on sat night but seems to shut down early (maybe council restrictions ??), glenelg beach is okay too
- victor harbour (south of the city) is a nice spot, so is kangaroo island
- if you like wine, the wineries to the north are awesome, even if just for a scenic drive
- monarto zoo is an open sanctuary to the east - if you can spare a couple of hundred, i highly recommend getting up close and personal with the cheetahs (check out the website)

i actually think there's plenty to see/do in adelaide as a tourist - but I would never live there again... ever!

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
the best thing we have is the tram, hahaha

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Has anyone mentioned serial killers yet?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
maybe the road back to geelong

hey! thats enough of that! sure adelaide may be crap, better than vic though :p * puts on flame suit lol*

adelaide does have some good points.... when i find them i'll get back to ya :hmmm:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
pretty much sums it up lol

Barossa is great if your into wine, i think its the only thing myself or anyone i know goes for ohhh and hahndorff, loooveee that place.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Has anyone mentioned serial killers yet?

Serial Killers!

You could visit Snowtown, or Truro. Get to know the family. Drive down Greenhill Road past the house where the Lawyer was found in his freezer.

Failing that better than running with the bulls, you could try out running bullets and knives on Hindley and Gouger Streets if you like a bit of action. Personally I would prefer my chances with the bulls!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Barossa is great if your into wine, i think its the only thing myself or anyone i know goes for ohhh and hahndorff, loooveee that place.

Have you hit the Fleureiu Peninsular? You should try the McLaren Vale wine district. Spectacular scenery along the coast between Moana and Maslins then head inland about 10 mins and you are in wine country.

Hahndorf is pretty nice but usually packed with tourists/visitors.

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
Agree with Minux, come and visit us up here in the Barossa. cannot think of a better more relaxed place. Look up seppeltsfield on google and come have a look at it, only an hours drive from the CBD.
Clare valley is good for a scenic drive etc. you've come to the right state :D

and i have to add my bit to the whole 'we've got nothing in SA'
Our new tourism advertising slogan is "Adelaide, why wait for death?"

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
Have you hit the Fleureiu Peninsular? You should try the McLaren Vale wine district. Spectacular scenery along the coast between Moana and Maslins then head inland about 10 mins and you are in wine country.

Hahndorf is pretty nice but usually packed with tourists/visitors.

spectacular scenery at maslins hey? hahah yehhh i know what u mean here...