Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Legalities of LS2 Conversion in my VR SS...

scogie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Hey guys, had a search but cant find anything, Basically i have a Vr SS the engine is getting a little tired, i was thinking about doing a rebuild and charging it, But then i was thiking i may aswell chuck a crate ls2 Engine in her and maybe charging it,

I'm seeing these defect stations creeping up around the place and if they pop my bonnet i want it to be legal...

So my question to you guys is, Would this be legal? How do i go about it (regency wise)? and do you know anyone that does ls2 conversions in S.A?

Thanks in Advance, Ben

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
gday it will need a engineer's report,try blackwood dyno tune for conversion prices speak to paul down there.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Hey guys, had a search but cant find anything, Basically i have a Vr SS the engine is getting a little tired, i was thinking about doing a rebuild and charging it, But then i was thiking i may aswell chuck a crate ls2 Engine in her and maybe charging it,

I'm seeing these defect stations creeping up around the place and if they pop my bonnet i want it to be legal...

So my question to you guys is, Would this be legal? How do i go about it (regency wise)? and do you know anyone that does ls2 conversions in S.A?

Thanks in Advance, Ben

You won't find a place that has done it before here, and will pay through the nose to have it done.

Do it yourself!

It will pass emissions with ease, so as long as the conversion is done properly and the brakes are upgraded (probably looking towards 330mm fronts and 315mm rears atleast) then it will simply need an engineers report.