Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Motorists to now receive fines for all defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
SA motorists slugged for minor car defects | Adelaide Now

Long story short, SA motorists are now subject to being fined $120 for minor defects and $250 for major defects, on top of the fee for clearing the defect notice.

So a blown taillight, going from costing $5 at the local auto parts store will cost $5 + $120 fine + $26 defect clearance = $151.

A Regency defect now costs $250 fine + $130 first inspection + $70 subsequent inspection = $450. Fair? I don't think so.

This is another feeble attempt at a cash grab by the goverment. In all honesty, do the Police really have nothing better to do? There's drugs, theft, vandilism, planking, hell even hoon driving to focus energy, time and effort on. Yet they choose to make them fine morotists for small ticket items, and with outlandishly large fines.

Maybe they should look at their VE fleet a lot more closely before handing fines out to the general public. Some of their cars aren't "roadworthy" according to these laws.

BTW, I realise that minor defects do serve a purpose; lights should all work, tyres should have decent tread etc. The argument here is the addition of these ridiculous fines by ignorant politicians in a feeble attempt to demonstrate they are retaining some control of the situation and distract us from the real problems. Read, Adelaide trams..

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
what a crock of ****,,, "it's about getting bad cars off the road and not about revenue raising...."
bullshit, thats why they say how muchREVENUE they intend to see within the first 3 years of implementing the new fines

they'll have to change all the border welcoming signs,,
Welcome to SA home of revenue raising,
sell drugs, murder and rape no worries,,,but so help you god if you've got a blown tail light

MathoSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Maybe they should look at their VE fleet a lot more closely before handing fines out to the general public. Some of their cars aren't "roadworthy" according to these laws.

Just as a matter of interest, im sure you are correct, but what is unroadworthy about the police VE vehicles?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just curious, how is it a cash grab to keep safe cars on the road? It may prevent these morons illegally lowering cars etc. Wish they could do it here. Sick of seeing morons going around corners with the arse ends bouncing around like it is on a trampoline.

Edit:
The argument here is the addition of these ridiculous fines by ignorant politicians in a feeble attempt to demonstrate they are retaining some control of the situation and distract us from the real problems. Read, Adelaide trams..

Or perhaps they are sick to death of the same tools getting a defect cleared and redoing the same mods they were defected for. I could find a myriad of threads on this site that ask how to "get something passed at regency then going to put it all back when it is cleared"

So perhaps they are sick to death of wasting time on the same people over and over again.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Just curious, how is it a cash grab to keep safe cars on the road? It may prevent these morons illegally lowering cars etc. Wish they could do it here. Sick of seeing morons going around corners with the arse ends bouncing around like it is on a trampoline.

My car is illegally low(by 3-5mm) and it doesn't bounce around like a trampoline. In fact its as stiff as a teenager on Prom night.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So obviously knowing it is illegal you wont care when you are defected right?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
if its defectable then its gunna get done, but the fact they add a fine on top now isnt necissary

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
if its defectable then its gunna get done, but the fact they add a fine on top now isnt necissary

As I mentioned int he chatbox. It should be strike 1 defect. Same defect for strike 2 = defect and fine.

At least it would stop the tools who just replace everything after a defect is cleared.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeah that would be better, i raised my car up a bit not only for the fact it was defectable but i got over having a stupidly low car

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
I suppose the SA Government have to pay for the RAH Hospital budget blow out and the Adelaide Oval redevelopment somehow.. (and even Keven Foley's legal fees too i suspect)

Status
Not open for further replies.