Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Motorists to now receive fines for all defects

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
So just because a bunch of like minded individuals get together regulary they are attracting attention to get hassled??You forget alot of these guys are actually mates and they like to catch up on the weekends.

a lot of the time on fridays we dont even go for a drive, we just catch up.

heres a question for people who say that people meeting up in carparks are asking to be hassled: where else are we suppose to meet then?

theres no law against people meeting up and hanging out in a carpark. our group for example, meet at the local kmart. we do this for a number of reasons: its close to the city, its easy to find, its central to everyone as between us all we live all across the city, we cant all meet up at someones house.

for example, if we all caught up at my house on a friday night my parents (more so my neighbours) would crack the shits big time about having 10+ cars parked outside the house as i live on a corner on a hill.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i think everyones forgetting the piont here im sa isnt talking about lowered or illegal mods we are talking about if simple things like a blown globe is now a large fine+ repairs
having a towball on ya car without a trailer is a fine
lots of minor things = $300+ in dollars
im all for defecting cut springs and crap cars just silly fining mums and dads and us for minor silly thingsmaking hundreds bux

So basically SA people will be recieving fines for what most other states already fine people for? Most police will offer a warning on a blown light or a towbar covering a numberplate etc except for when it comes to areas where known car offenders frequent.

a lot of the time on fridays we dont even go for a drive, we just catch up.

heres a question for people who say that people meeting up in carparks are asking to be hassled: where else are we suppose to meet then?

theres no law against people meeting up and hanging out in a carpark. our group for example, meet at the local kmart. we do this for a number of reasons: its close to the city, its easy to find, its central to everyone as between us all we live all across the city, we cant all meet up at someones house.

for example, if we all caught up at my house on a friday night my parents (more so my neighbours) would crack the shits big time about having 10+ cars parked outside the house as i live on a corner on a hill.

What is the issue?

In Geelong when I first got my licence (over 15 years ago now) there was a carpark called Kevs carpark. Police would pull people over as they left. It is where people met up who had modified cars. They would exit when no one was around doing skids or organise street racing there. I went once, realised the issuesI could face because of the attention a group of modified car owners attract whether or not they do or do not do the right thing.

So we decided to meet at a pool hall. Park the cars, and play pool. Never got hassled once. The car at the time was a 13BT RX2 that happily ran low 11's all night. This was on my P's.

Moral of my story? hang in groups around cars that have been visually or mechanically modified or even just lurking then expect attention. It is how it has ALWAYS been, it has never changed.

Either deal with what comes with congregating in groups or find an alternative way to catch up. My dad and his mates went through the same issue with Kev's, nothing has got worse, people have just become so precious taht they think the world is out to get them.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
actually the police do know lots of us sit round at kmart in groups they even come in and say hi we don't get hassled buy them at all this law has nothing to do with groups or attitudes of ppl its about a normal person driving along who do look after their car and get it serviced and stuff IF they have a globe out they can be fined hundreds of bux ontop of a defect and SA ppl think its a cash grab

PS for the ones who think sitting round carparks or groups maybe you guys should get out more often and make friends i know 99% of the ppl i hang with in our little group are nice ppl and we go for dinners and chats and cruises and never had police trouble

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
actually the police do know lots of us sit round at kmart in groups they even come in and say hi we don't get hassled buy them at all this law has nothing to do with groups or attitudes of ppl its about a normal person driving along who do look after their car and get it serviced and stuff IF they have a globe out they can be fined hundreds of bux ontop of a defect and SA ppl think its a cash grab

So, you are just coming into line with the rest of Oz?? QLD, NSW, Vic all can be fined for a light blown. I still am not sure what the issue is. Sounds like a lot of hot air to me.

PS for the ones who think sitting round carparks or groups maybe you guys should get out more often and make friends i know 99% of the ppl i hang with in our little group are nice ppl and we go for dinners and chats and cruises and never had police trouble

I think you missed a word somewhere near the start?

The end however, you have made out all through this thread that the police are like nazi's, yet 99% of your friends have never had a problem. So how exactly will anything change? As I said previously, sounds like a lot of hot air to me :)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The point Minux, myself and a number of others have made is that what is supposed to start occuring in South Australia has been happening for a long time in other states. Tow ball? Yep, I copped that one about 20 years ago. You guys have had it pretty good compared to other states from the sound of things. South Aus is now just starting to catch up (and cash in) just like NSW, Victoria and Qld have been doing for a very long time.

Welcome to the 21st century.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
So basically SA people will be recieving fines for what most other states already fine people for? Most police will offer a warning on a blown light or a towbar covering a numberplate etc except for when it comes to areas where known car offenders frequent.

What is the issue?

In Geelong when I first got my licence (over 15 years ago now) there was a carpark called Kevs carpark. Police would pull people over as they left. It is where people met up who had modified cars. They would exit when no one was around doing skids or organise street racing there. I went once, realised the issuesI could face because of the attention a group of modified car owners attract whether or not they do or do not do the right thing.

So we decided to meet at a pool hall. Park the cars, and play pool. Never got hassled once. The car at the time was a 13BT RX2 that happily ran low 11's all night. This was on my P's.

Moral of my story? hang in groups around cars that have been visually or mechanically modified or even just lurking then expect attention. It is how it has ALWAYS been, it has never changed.

Either deal with what comes with congregating in groups or find an alternative way to catch up. My dad and his mates went through the same issue with Kev's, nothing has got worse, people have just become so precious taht they think the world is out to get them.

i wasnt strictly saying there was an issue, was responding to those that said that you are asking for trouble if you hang out in carparks. i dont see the big deal in hanging out in carparks is all

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
The point Minux, myself and a number of others have made is that what is supposed to start occuring in South Australia has been happening for a long time in other states. Tow ball? Yep, I copped that one about 20 years ago. You guys have had it pretty good compared to other states from the sound of things. South Aus is now just starting to catch up (and cash in) just like NSW, Victoria and Qld have been doing for a very long time.

Welcome to the 21st century.

I agree 100% with what you're saying. I do believe the vast majority of people who live and work in SA, don't want to accept much change to their lives (Adelaide Oval redevelopment anyone?). But I'm with the the majority of SA people on here when I say this is a law that doesn't belong in Adelaide.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I agree 100% with what you're saying. I do believe the vast majority of people who live and work in SA, don't want to accept much change to their lives (Adelaide Oval redevelopment anyone?). But I'm with the the majority of SA people on here when I say this is a law that doesn't belong in Adelaide.

why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.