Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] new P plater laws coming in about driving a V8??

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
All the more reason that if a law is to be introduced it is done so based on something more representative of power like cubic capacity or kw output and not the number of cylinders.

AMEN!!!!!

Even better, stop regulating and legislating and creating new rules, for the more they make laws and tighten the reigns on society, the more it will slip out of grip and plunge the country into chaos...

TEACH KIDS HOW TO DRIVE BETTER, as quoted in Tokyo Drift "Its not the ride, its the Rider"

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
The laws would only effect people who get their P's AFTER the laws come in. If you already have your P's you're safe (unless you lose your license :p)

Yeah, On my L's though :whistling.

I should have P's before laws come in. Plus my car isn't a v8.;)

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
ive got a V6 vn commo for my L's

but when i get my P's i was planning to get a vr/vs 5L stato, just hope the laws dont affect my plans lol

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
AMEN!!!!!

Even better, stop regulating and legislating and creating new rules, for the more they make laws and tighten the reigns on society, the more it will slip out of grip and plunge the country into chaos...

TEACH KIDS HOW TO DRIVE BETTER, as quoted in Tokyo Drift "Its not the ride, its the Rider"

I cannot believe I just saw somebody quote Tokyo Drift...

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
I totally agree that it doesn't come down to what kind of car thats driven, its the driver. There's so many ********s in town that have 4cyl and 6cyl cars and are just as silly as some people I know that drive 8's...

I'm not saying the power restriction is a bad idea.. there are people that think 'oooh yeah I'm in a v8 lets go fast just coz I can'... I know that my old 4 cyl BMW can speed just as much as my SS, it just comes down to how heavy you are with your right foot ;-)

When I got my p-plates 2 and a half years ago (before the new QLD laws came in) I wanted to buy my dad's VX SS soooo bad, purely because it was the hottest car I had ever driven lol... he let me drive it when I was on my learners but only for about ten minutes at a time, and he would always stress that it had a lot more power than our old Apollo, I certainly found that out when I did a rather large fishy heading down our street... I almost shat in my jeans! So after that day I wasn't allowed to get a V8 as my first car, after a few years of driving he happily let me drive him around in my VR (back when she was on the road lol).

I haven't been driving for long but I've had my fair share of near-misses, and I've been in a minor accident, and I had a little white fluffy ankle biter dog run at my car yesterday LOL so I watch everyone else on the road.

Anyway, rant over lol In conclusion it's really the driver that has to have some experience in unexpected things to pop up when they drive, and to obey the speed limit.. if they did that no matter what car they were in then we wouldn't have to have power restrictions.