Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA ONLY] Defected - Pass Regency?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i reckon thats your best bet... it will hide the lumpy idle quite a bit and fairly easy to do

the blokes down at regency werent born yesterday though. You will struggle to get a cammed car through. Worth a shot though. $140 possible wasted on an inspection to save the hassle of taking the cam out.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Timmy01.8 is this Daves old Black VX SS?

If it is your cam will definetly not pass regency, dont even bother trying.. Pretty much any aftermarket cam wont pass. If you are stupid enough to try hide it and you get caught, be prepared to go get an emission test and present that to regency next time you go through.

Pretty much cop the defect on the chin, get the engine back to stock. No point calling the Cops wankers or d?#kheads when they are just doing their job.

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
yehh i had to take my cam out when i got defected m8... just bad luck..

although... stock exhaust back on, if u hav a high stall take it back to ur tuner and he shud b able to get it to sound alot quiter and not as lumpy...much easier to do with a high stall m8

and just fake plug the mafless in, i do it all the time and passes easy

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
as stated b4 some ppl retune car to take out lumpyness abit and they have passed
give it ago what ya got to loose

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
as stated b4 some ppl retune car to take out lumpyness abit and they have passed
give it ago what ya got to loose

I cant work out how people still believe that the lump of a cam can be tuned out to pass a defect, if it was as easy as tuning to make the car sound lumpy, then why would you bother with cam and not just get the tuner to tune it so its lumpy...

Cams are a defect, so you run the risk of the defect when you cam the car, same as guys with turbos can be defected for Turbo Timers, or people who lower their car run the risk of defect, cop it on the chin, and do what everyone else does when they get defected for something, take the cam out!

Last edited:

Radarboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
When you lower a car don't drop it down under 100mm. The lowest section of the car is where the measurement is taken from. Usually the cop places his notebook underneth the car as their notebooks measure 100mm. That's why it's so important to make sure your exhaust system is not hanging down to low because that's where they will take the measurement from.

The MAF you have a problem with.......but they would have told you that when they tuned the car back up when you had the MAF disconnects. Sounds like your going to have to start again and go back to stock :cops:

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
When cars are checked for ride height, the way that it is measured, in SA at least, is from the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch, they have a book that has the measurements in it, and the mearsurements are not hard to come by either...

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
I cant work out how people still believe that the lump of a cam can be tuned out to pass a defect, if it was as easy as tuning to make the car sound lumpy, then why would you bother with cam and not just get the tuner to tune it so its lumpy...

Spot on... :thumbsup:

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
If your so sure that you can get through with a cam in and a tune change... expect this...

DSC00482.jpg

Thats the result of 1. maffless tune, with GTS intake pipe so it looks like a gts engine bay

2. Cam

3. Tint

and 4. Too low.....

Go on.... Try your luck, no one else has tried to scam the regency boys before!