Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA ONLY] Defected - Pass Regency?

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
as stated b4 some ppl retune car to take out lumpyness abit and they have passed
give it ago what ya got to loose

Pic as above lol

3 trips to regency, i emission test and report, a fair few hours off work = about $1100

Just do it right the first time and return it to stock. That way they havent got anything to question. :yeah:

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i didn't say it take the lump fully away but ppl have passed Whit a retune
and cause ts a SA section if ppl don't know the laws/rules please don't comment

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
For everyones information, my car then had a stock LS1 cam, just a maffless tune with a GTS intake pipe connected to a stock airbox.

They told me to come back with a full emissions report as it did not have a Maf sensor.

If i got defected as my car sits now.. id take out my cam and replace it with a stock LS3 cam.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Just a quick ? How come having a cam is unroadworthy. Im guessing its a S.A thing

I dont get it. Can someone clear it up for me. I not being a smart ass or trying to be funny just cant see how that can be..

I is from NSW so go easy on me ;););)

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
well in SA ya cant do anything full stop
I'm sure having sunglass holder is illegal too
hehehe

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My bro had a cop pull up to him at the lights one night last week. He looked across at his ute then asked him to pull over. Not sure what model his ute is, bit higher than a holden one for instance and has a flat tray. In good condition, as he looks after it and has a decent set of wheels and rims.

The cop proceeds to inform my brother that if the ute tray was fully laden, the wheels would be the incorrect size. My bro informed the cop that he has never put more than a tool box and his push bike on the tray, and never will. Cop then said 'well you have the ability to load this ute up in which case it would be a defect, so here is your defect.'

Madness or what? Now defects are being handed out based on assumptions.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i thought the car had to be unloaded when measured anyway, mate with a stock vx got threatened with a defect for being too low when he had a boot full of drinks for his work. took him a while to convince the cop to even check what was in the boot. never ended up getting defected

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i thought the car had to be unloaded when measured anyway, mate with a stock vx got threatened with a defect for being too low when he had a boot full of drinks for his work. took him a while to convince the cop to even check what was in the boot. never ended up getting defected

They measure it as is. The reason they dont like it too low is for safety reasons. If you have too much weight in your car and it brings the ride height below a safe distance then your car is unroadworthy. Simple.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
They measure it as is. The reason they dont like it too low is for safety reasons. If you have too much weight in your car and it brings the ride height below a safe distance then your car is unroadworthy. Simple.

so they could defect you if you were towing a boat and the back was too low because of it?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
well in SA ya cant do anything full stop
I'm sure having sunglass holder is illegal too
hehehe

well all vy s2 and vz owners are screwed.

the vehicle must be unloaded before ride height can be measured.