Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA ONLY] Defected - Pass Regency?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
well all i have to say from reading this thread is move out of that state... seriously, its the only state i know of (and ive lived in nearly all) that would go to the extreme of making you pull a cam out to clear a defect... absolutely ridiculous!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
welcome to Adelaide where the boys think they men and the girls do too

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
welcome to Adelaide where the boys think they men and the girls do too

hahaha dam u got no girly girls there either? jeez kinda glad i skipped SA when i ended up in WA... mind you would love to live on the east coast again but... thats where its at!

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
well all i have to say from reading this thread is move out of that state... seriously, its the only state i know of (and ive lived in nearly all) that would go to the extreme of making you pull a cam out to clear a defect... absolutely ridiculous!

Any state would require you to pull out an aftermarket camshaft to meet emission levels. It is really that simple. If it doesnt comply with ADR/EPA then it is a defect and therefore not legal.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
not one question on height, quite obvious signs i was on the bump stops
picture015sssssss.jpg

lol thats Jeff's and my parents property at Monarto :thumbsup:

Home

timmy01.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS 235 Cammed 305rwkw
SIG 054 na iv checked and lived in other states and there is no rule not allowing Bigger Cams in cars.. it does nothing to the safety of the vehicle..

South Australia is the defect capital of Australia.. and its proven, the cops are not out there to make the roads safer as they say they are there only out there to make money and defects are a massive part of that. Thats why you cant contest a defect, Garanteed money..

and if it was for safety why defect a mate on the weekend with a VY Clubby R8 and yet a rust laden datsun is able to get off.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
cams are defectable in most states reason is they wont meet emissions therefore your polluting the enviroment more than that model is supposed to. I think if you could get a cam to meet emissions it might be be legal in some states