Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Ve omega suspension upgrade

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
hey guys what do you think?
if i go the ve ss pack fe2 suspension am i better of for comfort and appeal or am i better of pedders sports ryder coils with comfort gas shocks (FE2) urgent i have to make a decision soon.. Pedders are saying genuine ss pack coils to soft when car has stuff in boot they will sag is this true o think its only because they want me to buy from them why then would holdens release their ss pack with standard fe2 suspension in the utes

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
so ive been told, not sure about suspension though, Pedders vs King Springs & if there is any body out there that has a ve commodore please share your configuration, cheers. Peace:thumbsup:
Kings by a country mile. Largest manufacturer of springs in the southern hemisphere, supplier to some of the largest motorsport teams in the world, and far and away the most R&D with regards to Commodores. Having said that at one point Pedders springs were Kings... Not sure if that's still the case.

Also, we used to [VERY RELUCTANTLY] sell Monroe for the VE because that's all that was available, but now Boge have shortened shocks available for the VE Sedan, and I would most definitely take those over the Monroe (Tenecco) stuff...

A full car set of springs (either low or super low) and Boge shocks will set you back $709. The rears anyone who owns a spanner set should be able to do fairly easily, the fronts aren't difficult, but you usually need to own a pair of spring compressors to do it safely.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Can someone please give me their honest opinion, my ve is stock standard, sits to high i want the lowered look but i dont want the ride the feel to be to harsh. Holdens tell me that if i put in the FE2 Genuine suspension that they use in the VE SS & SV6 there is only a 1/2 inch difference between the standard VE springs, when i went out to holden and looked at a few SS & SV6 sedans i thought that they were'nt far of standard in height and they have the original FE2 genuine suspension in them. Pedders want to fit FE2 Sports Ryder Coils & Comfort Gas Shocks, they say this is my best option but i dont think that it will sit low enough, they say that there is a lower spring but are warning me that i may get pulled over by the coppers if they want to be picky, all i want is a lowered vehicle without compromising to much in the comfort unfortunatly i already unknowingly have by putting on 18" SV6 alloys with 245'45'18" tyres, your opinions specifically on this would be gratefully appreciated, thanks in advance