Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Ve omega suspension upgrade

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hi Guys, i just purchased a nice low mileage omega from Metro Holden Adelaide i dont really like to much how high they sit standard, any suggestions as to where to go Pedders? they are now offering the all new XA Extreme Adjustable Coil-Over Kit check it out https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/Pedders/Default.aspx?ProdCode=160064
im no expert but i think with labour its a bit expensive $2145 any suggestions i want it low but legal and affordable but so it sits nice any recommendations would really be appreciated, it has 18" SV6 Holden Alloys on 245 Potenza Tyres, thats the other issue i found since i went from stock to Alloys i seem to get a fair bit of feedback through my steering wheel :cry:

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
i'm sure king springs do some form of suspension upgrade for the ve's.

you'll notice more feedback through the wheel cos of the larger wheel and lower profile tyre.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
so ive been told, not sure about suspension though, Pedders vs King Springs & if there is any body out there that has a ve commodore please share your configuration, cheers. Peace:thumbsup:

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
you dont need the extreme pedders kit for it to handle well.. If you fit it up with the Pedders Sports Ryder springs and shocks it will handle MUCH better than stock and should cost a lot cheaper

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
you dont need the extreme pedders kit for it to handle well.. If you fit it up with the Pedders Sports Ryder springs and shocks it will handle MUCH better than stock and should cost a lot cheaper

ive got a quote from pedders for Comfort Gas shocks & sports ryder springs including Caster lock washers & labour all up $1421 they say its FE2 kit like the copper vehicles. With 18'' alloys do you think it would sit at a good level from stock & is comfort gas ok instead of sports ryder shocks? otherwise more pennies!! The extreme pedders kit including caster lock washers and labour they want $2154.75 but who can afford that these days

Brad_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
I was going to go to Pedders to get my SV6 ute lowered, but they kept pushing hard for me to go the new Coilover suspension. They wouldn't even give me a price for the basic sports ryder lowered coils, which really p**sed me off. So I have now booked in to a local company in rocky, Dobinsons, getting superlows all round next friday, will see how she rides with the factory shocks and superlows on.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hey Brad, sounds good, pedders also gave me a third quote and told me to keep my stock shocks and just chuck in some sport ryder coils, it may put to much pressure on the factory shocks though then we'll be up for extra labour cost down the track

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
ive got a quote from pedders for Comfort Gas shocks & sports ryder springs including Caster lock washers & labour all up $1421 they say its FE2 kit like the copper vehicles. With 18'' alloys do you think it would sit at a good level from stock & is comfort gas ok instead of sports ryder shocks? otherwise more pennies!! The extreme pedders kit including caster lock washers and labour they want $2154.75 but who can afford that these days

Definitely Get sports ryder shocks and springs! the valving in the sports ryder shocks are much better than that of the comfort gas. My car is a VS, but i had the complete combo of sports ryder springs and shocks all round and the handling was amazing. recently i upgraded to front Tein coilovers, while being awesome though the hills... the front coilovers are hell on suburban streets even on the softest damper setting.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Definitely Get sports ryder shocks and springs! the valving in the sports ryder shocks are much better than that of the comfort gas. My car is a VS, but i had the complete combo of sports ryder springs and shocks all round and the handling was amazing. recently i upgraded to front Tein coilovers, while being awesome though the hills... the front coilovers are hell on suburban streets even on the softest damper setting.

Sounds good i reckon thats the way ill go, when you say that handling was amazing what about comfort going from standard to sprts ryder, with my low profile alloys will this really degrade the comfort like really feel the harsh bumps and what about the inspection plates there are so many on the roads these days when you go over one does it feedback to your steering harshly or is it deffinetly better then comfort gas, your opinion is really crucial and appreciated, cheers REV-231 ;)

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
lowering

My VE was lowered before I got it..looks like it has Pedders springs (red).I am going to call into a pedders shop to find out..but mine looks like it has standard shocks. It sits at a nice level and still rides nice..I still have the standard 16" wheels and although I want the "look"...I am really concerned about putting bigger wheels on the car and then feeling way to many bumps..
I spoke to my local suspension guy before I got my car and he said that they had done a lot of Ve's ..he seemed to think lowered springs with shortened rear shocks were the way to go.