Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saddam Hussein to be executed

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Should have got consecutive life sentences, time to think about what he's done then dieing naturally of old age.. killing him I don't agree with no matter how evil he was..

America comes in, takes over things.. then when there's an election looming over their heads: "Surprise! We've made this decision!".. It's all just to make it look like they've achieved so much over in Iraq, but what have they done? Replaced those in power? Didn't do a very good job if they have to hang around until 2014 and kill anyone who opposes.. Then they go and wonder why they have terrorism.. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another attack on America soon (bloody hope not) because of this..

And I do know how bad Saddam was, of coarse I do.. but is it really our place to interfere with the affairs of other nations? It would be like if the ALP won the Australian election, then some other country doesn't like them and kicks them out and puts their own people in power because they disagree with ALPs ways of running the country they were put into power to run.. Saddam did a damned lot for his country, even if he was a murderer

Also America has to protect the countries they have interests in, alliances with and so fourth..

If you want some background so you don't look like a tool read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

EDIT: He killed a lot more people than 148 Shi'ite villagers.. tens of thousands more

Last edited:

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I don't believe the death penalty is ever suitable, that's the whole problem
ok what about murderers and rapists that go to jail then somehow get let back into society and then go and perform the same act that put them in their in the first place...sorry but some people just need to be gotten rid of so to speak, you'd be kidding yourself to think that if he had to serve his time behind bars he would be a good little boy, just like most cons they still run stuff on the inside! he'd be no differant.
he is a murderer! once a killer always a killer.

also i'd like to see you preach your good saddam to the families of those he affected.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
He killed his own people, women were trated like dogs, you couldnt listen to radio or watch TV unless it was there brainwashing bullsh*t ?
and like i said in my previous post printed his own money when he got into power... the last dictator to do that was Hitler....

Would you live there Greenfoam ?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Every leader is going to be unpopular with some people but he ran the country alot better that it is now, Iraq wont be able to get rid of the American bases now and so will never be that stable again. There are 100 people being killed in Iraq today, yesterday, the day before and tomorrow

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
He killed his own people, women were trated like dogs, you couldnt listen to radio or watch TV unless it was there brainwashing bullsh*t ?
and like i said in my previous post printed his own money when he got into power... the last dictator to do that was Hitler....

Would you live there Greenfoam ?

I would have lived there when it was stable, I've lived happily in worse places, but of course I wouldn't live there now

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Although i support the Death Penalty for certain crimes, in this instance the political climate is too charged to take that particular course of action given the appearance the court has as a US "puppet" court IMO.

As for those wanting to watch a man die, i can only express regret that we live in a society were watching someone elses suffering gives them pleasure (unless of course they have been personally affected by that particular persons crimes)

It would be like if the ALP won the Australian election, then some other country doesn't like them and kicks them out and puts their own people in power because they disagree with ALPs ways of running the country they were put into power to run.. Saddam did a damned lot for his country, even if he was a murderer

Your analogy is flawed. We live in a democracy with popularly elected politicians, and a base level of freedoms. Saddam ruled Iraq as a military dictatorship and therein lies the difference.

State sovereignty is the International law 'rule' which means that a sovereign (whoever is legally in charge) can do whatever they like within their jurisdiction. However, you cannot argue that their are times when sovereignty must be breached in the case of extreme violations of human rights. You are obliged to step in in those cases. If little johhny went nuts and ordered the deaths of every man under 50, i know id want someone to come in and stop him!

Hypothetical: If you saw your neighbour beating their child with a 2x4, would you do something about it? Or would you say, no, none of my business. Sometimes you gotta help those you cant help themselves.

Last edited:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Although i support the Death Penalty for certain crimes, in this instance the political climate is too charged to take that particular course of action given the appearance the court has as a US "puppet" court IMO.

As for those wanting to watch a man die, i can only express regret that we live in a society were watching someone elses suffering gives them pleasure (unless of course they have been personally affected by that particular persons crimes)

Your analogy is flawed. We live in a democracy with popularly elected politicians, and a base level of freedoms. Saddam ruled Iraq as a military dictatorship and therein lies the difference.

State sovereignty is the International law 'rule' which means that a sovereign (whoever is legally in charge) can do whatever they like within their jurisdiction. However, you cannot argue that their are times when sovereignty must be breached in the case of extreme violations of human rights. You are obliged to step in in those cases. If little johhny went nuts and ordered the deaths of every man under 50, i know id want someone to come in and stop him!

Hypothetical: If you saw your neighbour beating their child with a 2x4, would you do something about it? Or would you say, no, none of my business. Sometimes you gotta help those you cant help themselves.

Your post is extremely accurate and very valid and I respect it muchly. I would do something to help the child in your scenario..

Of coarse Iraq had become a dictatorship because of Saddam and co's actions, but imagine how much worse it would have been had he not stepped up and tryed to make his country a better place? There were sacrifices, but IMO they were in the interest of making the country a better place. I know that human life is the most valuable thing and I'm not saying it's right to kill anybody, but history has shown us that to achieve a society with freedoms and liberties there has to be sacrifices, best example I can think of is to look at how many people are dieing Iraq now that Saddam's gone and America is trying to put their own people and policies into place. I'd agree that towards the end things were getting out of hand, and I would liken him to Hitler (person with goals of making the country a better place then once in power making stupid decisions)

I would put Saddam at about the same level as Americas people in power on this one, because while a lot of Saddams actions probably weren't the right ones to make, I hardly think completely taking over a country is the right thing to do either.. It's all arrogence and shitting all over other countries traditions and cultures because they think theirs is the right one, and it's in their best interests..

I'll agree sovereignty has it's problems, but what does America do? Shock and awe, against the advice of the UN, instead of trying to work things out the right way they go in and completely obliterate the country and make it their own. It could of and should have been handled in a different way..

IMO it's all tied into the terrorist attacks and trying to hold somebody accountable, but if America didn't jump in and do all of the things it's doing and has done I can guarantee you none of the things that have happened would have, like the terrorist attacks.. they weren't unprovoked, it was because America got involved in other countries wars, and this is where the media comes in and paints this picture of everyone with different views as wrong and having an anti-American disposition.. look at how much they tried to force feed us about how these people hate freedom, how the reasoning behind everything they did was miscontrued.. no matter how we look at it our world is just a stuffed up place, and not everybody in the world is going to agree with everybody else..

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
What would you consider as things saddam did for the benefit of his country? Last that I heard state sanctioned rape & torture of civilians was not beneficial.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i do believe killing him is giving him the easy way out, but how do you punish a piece of **** like him? Do you really think jailing him for life is gonna worry him? Do you really think killing him will achieve anything but more wars & fighting? How do you think his supporters will react if he is killed? The guy was a monster, he didnt care about anyone, its worrying to think there are people out there who agreed with his way of life, & they are the ones that will cause havoc if he is killed, this is a tough situation, but what can the world do?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I beleive that he will become more popular in death among his supporters than he ever was when he was alive.
They say it is a turning point for the iraqi people, mabye it is but this war is still, in my opinion never going to have a winner.
The people of iraq are the ones suffering in this war, and they will continue to suffer long after saddam is gone.
I think the death penalty is too easy in his case.
One thing is for certain, the cheif judge in his trial has now got a huge price on his head.