Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Safety mode fix and after issues

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
So recently had check engine/esp off/ safety mode active come up on my 08 Omega.
Had it checked by local dealer and the Problem was the Throttle body sensor. Replaced it and the check engine/safety mode has been sorted, but just took it for a drive and ESP keeps turning itself off and on.
Is there something else I need to do or will this sort itself after a couple of drives once the engine learns the new throttle body sensor?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There may well be low voltage happening. That is one of the circuits the ECM disables to conserve voltage for more critical functions.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You might of not been driving it for a while, battery voltage or health drops a bit and the ECM has a few extra jobs on distributing the available voltage.

Might improve once the voltages and battery health improve. If they don’t, you may well need the battery load tested and the charge circuit checked incase the alternator is a bit flogged out.