Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Safety Recall] Electric Power Steering — MY2014 to MY2016 Holden & HSV, VF Commodore & WN Caprice

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I don't think the steering gear is sold as an electric motor to the public. Maybe the dealer stuffed it while doing the change over. You The dealer needs to make sure the rubber belt in the steering gear is still attached.
FTFY :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My niece bought a 2nd hand VF recently in Adelaide.....It took a whole 3 days for her to be notified of the recall by the dealer and another 2 days to have it done....IMA she bought the car through a car yard, that's not a Holden dealership yard

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
My niece bought a 2nd hand VF recently in Adelaide.....It took a whole 3 days for her to be notified of the recall by the dealer and another 2 days to have it done....IMA she bought the car through a car yard, that's not a Holden dealership yard
The selling dealer could and should have had any recalls corrected before they sold the vehicle. As is, if a dealer has a vehicle for sale, known defect have to be defined within the sales paperwork they place in the windows.

But at least it looks like everything was resolved rather quickly :rolleyes:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The selling dealer could and should have had any recalls corrected before they sold the vehicle. As is, if a dealer has a vehicle for sale, known defect have to be defined within the sales paperwork they place in the windows.

But at least it looks like everything was resolved rather quickly :rolleyes:

Yes I am aware it should have been done prior to sale, but getting it done quickly saves the headaches of another path

blutoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8
thanks for your feedback guy's, i'll look into it further,
cheer's

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I am aware it should have been done prior to sale, but getting it done quickly saves the headaches of another path
Agree :)

They did have impressively fast notification and fix so just why they couldn’t get it done prior to sale is anyone’s guess :rolleyes: maybe it was already in the works but the car was sold before repairs could be arranged with a Holden dealer. In any case it’s done ;)