Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Safety Recall] Electric Power Steering — MY2014 to MY2016 Holden & HSV, VF Commodore & WN Caprice

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I spoke to my dealer last week about this one and he said the parts will not be available until sometime next year o_O

you can check your vehicle by its vin here: https://my.gm.com/recalls?vin=

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
For anyone that’s not tec savvy the easiest way to see if your vin is on the VIN List.xlsx (1.77 MB) page is open the link so you can see all the vin numbers then click on the search box and enter you vin number and click “search this page” or “on this page” and the web page well show up again with a message down the bottom saying 1 match and highlight where it is on the page if you vin is on there and if not it well say no match found.
(I can only prove this works on iPhone and that’s what I did to on)

Here’s a some pics of a random vin I picked from the page to show what happens when there is a match.
222C74FF-2804-4A01-BF7C-A9683F734A59.png D0F7E1A1-3360-4DA2-AB01-CD67914B6D93.png 63CAB858-A4E1-408C-A52E-3E7263627AB3.png
Also worth noting the mistress is was built March 2015 and is not on the list.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
can dealers/auctions sell these cars 2nd hand knowing theres a fault?, from memory they cant until fixed

RastusSSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore VF2 Redline Sedan
It would be worthwhile cross checking your VIN against both the VIN list.xlsx and the myGM.com website if your car is not on the VIN list file.

I just searched for a MY14 commodore I previously owned on both (copy and pasted to make sure the numbers were exactly the same) and the GM site showed the recall as outstanding but the search on the VIN list file showed no matches?

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
Just checked my vin it is on there. Have tried to ring customer care yesterday but they had a big volume of callers try later.
Only ringing to find out a time frame for repairs

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Bugga! (Not you Smashfist, I mean the lack of full wheel alignment :))

Actually, I think I read somewhere Holden were planning to replace just the electric motor, not the rack. Or did I dream that?
It wont be a full rack replacement. Only motor and controller.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Does anyone know if the steering will feel more like VF2 once this is done? The VF steering, even on the Redline when in performance mode, is much lighter and less direct than the VF2's I have driven.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Does anyone know if the steering will feel more like VF2 once this is done? The VF steering, even on the Redline when in performance mode, is much lighter and less direct than the VF2's I have driven.

I think that is a software change.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Is it the steering itself, or the front suspension changes they did for MY15?

*edit*
Additionally; wife’s car is on the GM site, although not in that Excel spreadsheet.
Sorta dagnabbit; sorta cool, finally that concern will be addressed!

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
can dealers/auctions sell these cars 2nd hand knowing theres a fault?, from memory they cant until fixed
With US recalls, whether there would be some embargo was usually stated within one of the bunch of docs the NTSB gets from the manufacturer. Whether it's an NTSB requirement due to a law or some agreement struck between the regulator and manufacture, i don't know.

Down under, i don't know what laws would force an embargo but i don't think used car trade suffered due to the takata airbag issue. I've even read that some people bought a new car only to recieve a recall notice the following week. Likley it's up to the manufacturer to weigh the risks of stopping trade verses not stopping trade.

All i know is that i couldn't get my MSE delivered until the rockers were repalced as Holden put an embargo on vehicle delivery until the rectification was done. It caused a bit of a delay which was anoying but i thought it was better than having the rockers possibly let go within a running engine... both from my perspective and from Holden's... I got a free "first paid service" as a small concession for the inconveniance.