Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sagging ceiling trim - how to fix?

J

judoman

I have a 1996 VS Commodore whose ceiling is all falling down. Someone told me that the basic idea is to:

1. pull out the plastic ceiling 'corner thingies' that hold up the ceiling, which will then come out completely.

2. scrape off all the old dead glue (little gold balls of foamy stuff) from the fabric and ceiling

3. use a can of spray-adhesive on one or both surfaces. stick it back up there, and replace the corner bits.

Is that an easy job? Or is it a lot more complicated in reality? The repair folk want to charge me $200 ... how long would it take to do it myself? How difficult is it? Any tips?

thanks!

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
ive got the same problem with my vr i just sprayed some contact adhesive on it then put it back, it only lasted 3 days though:bang:

H

haynze

i think you should look around.. i got someone to fix mine with a whole new carpet for only 100 dollars i think it was

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
just buy another one from a wrecker for less than 100, fixing it is more trouble than its worth

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Got a near new roof lining for the wagz for $19 from a wreckers, much easier than fiddling around with regluing the old one, scraping all the foam off, etc