Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sagging Doors!

bertusmcspurtus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 308
:bang: I was wondering if anyone has repaired their doors(front) on VH or similar. I have a manual for the car but its crap and only says to adjust the strikers! That will aid in closing/opening the front doors but will not correct the sag. As you well know, the hinges are not removeable so I assume I have to bash the pins out and replace them? I have No real Idea here. Please help me?!

Thanks.

diveboy

Reaction score
Commodorenut suggested on another forum

open the door so it's clears the door well just, put a jack under the end of the door with a block of wood between it and the bottom of the door. jack it up slighty and test, repeat if need be.

I think it was on street commodores I saw his post, but it may have been on here.

9C1pack

Reaction score
I replaced the pins on my door, but it was to no avail, the wear is in the hole in the hinge on the door, (as it is the door hinge that rotates). The pin is anchored in the top and bottom halves of the body hinge. You can test your door by opening it halfway and then grab it by the window frame and lift it up and down, you will see the freeplay.
I guess the only way I can fix it is to put a second hand door on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
No No No. Just go to any good panel beaters they will have a "Hinge adjuster". Basically it is a flat bar with a angled slot in the end. Just place on your hinge with the door open. From the outside push down slightly with abit of force. Do this to both hinges. May take a few goes to get it where you want it. Loosen off the striker alittle open and shut the door a few times tighten up the striker then your done. Simple. Ive seen that jack trick done a few times lol not the best of ideas.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
You can buy a door removal tool from autobarn or over ebay.. coost around 14 dollars.

The items in the pack are 1 metal rod and 3 pins.. for removal of the hinge metal cylinder bits inside the hinge itself that holds the door on.

bertusmcspurtus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 308
Thank you all for your posts. I will try the panel beaters door hinge fix and the kit, both together should sort it.:thumbsup: