Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sagging roof lining

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I used K&H Contact adhesive, Heat and Water resistant. Whatever you end up using, make sure it is heat resistant as even white cars get bloody hot when left in the sun

attycuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Bit of a stupid question, but could you not just remove the light and spray a **** load of glue in the whole and then stick it back up? Mines sagging but not bothering me enough to spend hundreds haha

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Most mobs only charge $150. They tend to get rather pissed if you attempted to glue it up yourself beforehand lmao. I remember the bloke that did mine a while back having a huge whinge about it.

attycuz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Haha don't you love how they moan about getting business. People need to just relax

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Most mobs only charge $150. They tend to get rather pissed if you attempted to glue it up yourself beforehand lmao. I remember the bloke that did mine a while back having a huge whinge about it.

Only place around here who does it, charges $290.
Does a brilliant job, but not sure if it's really worth it..

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
Read the how to post.
It really isnt hard to do yourself takes about 1 1/2 to 2hrs, in sedan passenger front seat needs to be removed cost me in NZ$ $30 for glue $30 for fabric.
Contary to what the post says dont buy the foam backed upholstry fabric, it is the foam that deteriorates not the glue which seems to be the common missconseption.
I just used a fabric with a longer length fibre instead & it came out looking mint.

Oh & dont try to reuse the old fabric... even if you manage to line it up the pile is to short to hide imperfections of the glued surface.

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Only place around here who does it, charges $290.
Does a brilliant job, but not sure if it's really worth it..
PJ's Trim in Davoren Park did mine for 200$..... looks fantastic and for that money it wasn't worth the hassle of doing it myself....

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I redid mine in black, I suggest having one mate help you out. Follow the guide there and it'll cost you $50 - 30 for material, 20 for adhesive

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Anybody with this problem on Gold Coast to Brisbane suggest you contact Red Bull.
I had my '09 VE done by them at home about 6 months ago now, as soon as it started to sag....As they do.
They did a fantastic job, much better that the original lining, and it was only $150.00.