Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saikou michi oil catch cans... opinions needed

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
I have ordered a duel catch can set up for my ls1, any you guys used this type before?
from my research it sh!ts on 99% the catch cans on the market and alot of unfortunate people have been ripped off with those other empty ones, this is a good desighn with internal baffle and filter to help seperate oil from air...there are a few nice billet ones on d market too, but no where near the value price wise of this setup... for all those pushin over priced catch cans on here if there is anyone sorry LOL and stop rippin ppls off you sad asses...mine are set to arrive in aus for $148 delivered includes everything needed to hook up, And best thing im not promoting for personal gain just want you other ls1 owners out there to save some coin if possible by bein aware of better value for your dollar..and not feed the rip offs....:p yippee!!!

Party goers i only wondered others opinions on this catch can setup and thats all not into explaining who what where why,,, many thanks in advance ppls.......
Stage 1 LS1 Type Dual OCC[/url
Anyone?

Last edited:

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
surely someone has knoledge of these catch cans???????????

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
this is no good, id hoped for a bit of feedback on this catch can, i had seen good feedback in the ls1 site oh well its on its way now so we wait and see i guess,

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Catch cans are catch cans mate, its really down to the baffle design, if the baffle is angled from the side up to the top it will help trap most of the oil in the air, multiple baffle plates are great with differnet angles so the air has to flow around them will help.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
When you mean rip offs do you mean Elite Engineering catch cans?

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
NO No way from what i see and hear those elite catch cans are top qual, you would have done yourself a favour buying one of those i would believe. (they are one of the best catch cans available on the market) like for real if i had money to spare i would have went for 2 x the elite catch cans, I realise you get what you pay for in this world so it would be worth paying extra for better But im on a tight budget and trying to go for bang for buck. otherwise i would have went for them or the mikenorris ones...

So to answer your Question "NO" they are not a rip off.

I am reffering to the empty catch cans with no baffle or filter internally whatsoever,

And to those who have purchased those type with no baffle or filter hoping to get a great result, i am sorry for calling you sukkers in earlier post, you had just been taken advantage of and that sux its unfortunate that there is people out there willing and happy to take advantage of peoples lack of knoledge so to speak.

I hope i gave you the answer you where looking for "rb26"

Damn wish someone would come across this thread with experience and knoledge of this saikou michi type.

OH well hopefully it will turn up soon and im sure i will benefit from it..

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Well have not heard of them before but they look good, so you will need to tell us how they go when you get them.

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
Well have not heard of them before but they look good, so you will need to tell us how they go when you get them.

Will Do, Ill at least try give some feedback for other peoples future reference. fingers crossed anyways.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
yep...catch cans with no baffles in them are useless...

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
MINE ARRIVED!!!!!!!! Bit of a late response from me, BUT Im trully suprised at the quality of the hand fabricated product i have recieved, this is awsome!

In time i will update this thread with the results (amount of oil captured over 5000 or 10000 K's)

I would trully recomend one of these catch cans to anyone who is interested,

The one i got was the duel set-up for the ls1, Dam good value for a quality product i think.

I installed mine like this, I blocked off the rear drivers side rocker cover port and used the front port for one can, then the passenger side to the other catch can (duel setup) its pre valley cover pcv ls1.

hopefully there will be hardy any oil going into my motor from here on in!!

I would strongly recommend anyone whom might be looking for a catch can to check out saiko-michi web site..
I have a 2 coupon's for 50% off international frieght on these cans if anyone wants one pm me,
but im sure that more then likely you would get the 50% discount if you asked them what there best price is including frieght was.

Anyway hope this may help some if anyone's looking into this type in the future.
I say go for it you wont regret it..

Last edited: