Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sale price

geoffb57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS
Have to look at selling my SS and wondering what a fair price would be

its a Dec 15 auto slipstream blue 6.2 LS3

has sunroof & redline wheels

was serviced Nov 19 and put 12 months NSW rego on in Dec 19

has done about 60k and still has about 2 years holden warranty if serviced by them

has OTR catback exhaust & engine/gearbox tune

it's in good conditon except for a small carpark scrape on passenger side

so wondering what a realalistic sale price is

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Sale price I can’t answer, but for asks just check CarSales ... I reckon around the $35k mark, the wheels & sunroof aren’t likely to add a heap of value but should shift the car a bit faster. :)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Between $31 000 and $33 000 is my best guess...
Sedan ? Auto ?

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
25-35 g priced in perth going by marketplace fb,so we are more expensive than the rest of aus.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... has done about 60k and still has about 2 years holden warranty if serviced by them...

it's in good conditon except for a small carpark scrape on passenger side
If it’s Holden factory warranty, it can be serviced by any dealer or 3rd party service business. So no need to state “if serviced by them” unless it’s one of those dealer type insurance warranties (in which case it’s not a factory warranty).

As to the small car park scrape, how localised is it, or put another way, how many panels does it impact? Having it repaired can be from a hundred $ from one of those come to you touch up repairers to well over $1000 if it goes across a couple panels. That’s gotta impact what you can ask for it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
As to the small car park scrape, how localised is it, or put another way, how many panels does it impact? Having it repaired can be from a hundred $ from one of those come to you touch up repairers to well over $1000 if it goes across a couple panels. That’s gotta impact what you can ask for it :rolleyes:

I agree with the damage comment.

If it's a sought after model then I'd happily accept the damage and repair it but not if there are many other alternatives on the market.

Plus who wants the hassle of getting it repaired.

I always find it's cheaper to have any scrape marks fixed prior to sale then the hit you take when the purchaser wants to negotiate the price down because of it.

Put simply, unless the price is greatly reduced why buy something with damage when there are plenty of clean examples available.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
25-35 g priced in perth going by marketplace fb,so we are more expensive than the rest of aus.
Geez that's cheap, ex NSW cop cars with 115 to 120km are 26 to 28k at auctions

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Geez that's cheap, ex NSW cop cars with 115 to 120km are 26 to 28k at auctions
Have you ever been to an auction & seen the fullee sik crowd slavering over ex cop cars? That mob still believes they're optioned with special secret chips etc.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ yep, been to auctions where some in the crowd get carried away and pays a higher than retail price for something ordinary and without warranty of any sort (other than clear title).

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Have you ever been to an auction & seen the fullee sik crowd slavering over ex cop cars? That mob still believes they're optioned with special secret chips etc.
Car auctions are so odd it's not funny. Buying a px2 ranger as Sa govt auctions ex SA water had my eye on a few found a good one late 15 model budget was under 20k sold for 20900 to car dealer. Next week got a 4/17 build for 19k. Old supply demand thing

Yes cop cars have chips in them, under the seat from maccas