Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sales

Infest

Reaction score
Lately there have been sales on at places such as JB HiFi. Currently they are having a sale with 12" 1000w Sony Subs for $150 boxed. Is that good or not?

If so, I'm off to pick up two today.

Cheers..

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Are they good? That will depend on what you want and expect.
If you just want some bass then they will do the job, but so will a jaycar/pioneer/2nd hand etc as recommended to you in your other thread. See also the argument re one better sub over 2 lesser subs in that thread. JB alternatives coulds be two pioneers (you may have to construct your own box to keep price down) or maybe a kicker comp?

Also, Whats the RMS rating of those subs (guessing 300?) Important when considering an amp
If you like the look of the two sony's, go for em.

Last edited:

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
When i use a word, it means exactly what i intend it to mean, no more no less. :p In this instance, i meant "look" in general terms, such as " i like the look of those pistachios" meaning the nuts overall, flavour as well as appearance. Noone likes the look of pistachios, they must be the ugliest nuts going around, once you take the shell off. :)

Edit* Back on topic, Infest, did you get the subs?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
When i use a word, it means exactly what i intend it to mean, no more no less. :p In this instance, i meant "look" in general terms, such as " i like the look of those pistachios" meaning the nuts overall, flavour as well as appearance. Noone likes the look of pistachios, they must be the ugliest nuts going around, once you take the shell off. :)

Edit* Back on topic, Infest, did you get the subs?
i dunno, walnuts are pretty ugly.
hey a $150 sub is going to sound like $150, 2x$150 subs wont sound like a $300 sub. just get one or spend $300 on a beter one.

Infest

Reaction score
Nah I didn't get them..Didn't get around to going. I'm till tossing up between 1 or 2 subs. I think I will go one. Anyone got recommendations on a boxed sub? 12 or 15" doesn't matter.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I would say get only one decent sub for sound quality, If you really want to do your research go and look in the latest street commodores mag, they done an article on all major brands subs priced around $300. Suprisingly Kenwood and JL audio came as the favorites. My suggestion is to go out and get one of these and build your own box or get it proffesionaly done (If it doesnt come with one)