Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sami's VR Commodore

Discussion in 'VR - VS' started by sami_1985, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

Sami's VR Commodore (UPDATED)

Hi all ,
    This is my VR Commodore and my baby:) There arent many modifications yet besides the body kit wheels and head unit. But I am looking to do it up. I want to get it lowered and the windows tinted darker and my b/f wants to put an LS1 in it. What do you guys think? and what mods do you think would make my baby Purrfect?

Thanks
    Sami

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
  2. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
    The bodykits very nice... Not overdone, very classy. Lower it and tinting would be sweet. Maybe remove the side trim as well!

Are you gonna keep the Buick V6 or put an 8 in like your bf wants you to?

3. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

Well I like the idea of a V8 . See not that i know a whole lot about cars (im new to it and eager to learn) I have heard once a motor does 300,000 km its time to start saving for a new one and my car is sitting on 291,000 km so i figure im gonna need one soon enough so i might as well go the V8. What do you think?
    Thanks

4. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Well with that many km's... you should maybe start saving for a rebuild depending on the condition of the engine so you'll be up for a bit anyway... So the V8 sounds like its worth the investment :yeah:

A 5.0L V8 from another VR would probably be a fair bit cheaper to convert to tho but the LS1 has alot more power! :thumbsup: 5.0L = 165kw compared to LS1 = 225kw+ depending on what model it comes from!

5. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

I think the power sounds alot better to me.:yeah: I want to redo my interior aswell im just finding it hard to pick colours. I want to respray the outside but i want my car to match. I was thinking a hot pink on the outside but i dunno....i want the inside to match the outside what do you think ?

6. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    A full body respray is pretty expensive, like $6g or so... Maybe a silver and white interior, or pink and white ? White always looks sweet in the interior :thumbsup:

7. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

Thats the beauty of it for me. My b/f dad used to spray cars for a living so i only need the paint and stuff cuts the cost down. He is good for a bit of everything he is a car nut knows heaps about them and has many friends in the industry. I recently did my auto gearbox and he got me a second hand one and put it in for me and it cost me around 250.00 plus a carton LOL:yeah: . I like the pink and white colour scheme.

8. Charg'd

Charg'd New Member

Members Ride:
    ford
    thats neat, i like that front bar, id reccomend an ls1 or ls2, depending on your funds

9. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

Bare with me but can anyone tell me the difference between the LS1 and LS2 ????

10. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    LS1 is the 5.7L, LS2 is the 6.0L 297kw engine in the HSV's... Or you could get the L76 which is the 260/270kw 6.0L from the VZ/VE

11. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

What are some ball park prices on those ???

12. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Brand new? Or second hand? Brand new around $9-10 grand for the LS2 engine... As for LS1 there is an LS1 engine for $6 grand on Ebay that comes with the ecu etc. etc... see here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LS1-5-7-GEN3...0QQihZ020QQcategoryZ72480QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The LS2 will drop in price brand new next year when its succeeded by the LS3... But I dunno how much the price will drop.

Obviously second hand is alot cheaper...I'd be looking around for an LS1 from a wreckers, and save ALOT of money...

13. MikesVT

MikesVT M&M =D

Members Ride:
    Nothing :'(
    Nice car =) I like the kit you've got on it, it's not that common, well i haven't seen any like that anyway. Good idea about the interior/exterior colours matching, it'll make the car look so much nicer. I had the same plans as you for my car (full respray and a V8 conversion) but i got talked out of it =( If you really like the VR's then go for it!! But I'm thinking save up for a newer model for my next car, but like i said if you like the VR's then go for it, that would be one of the hottest VR's on the road

14. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

thanks for the compliment...i do want to keep my car i overpaid for it in the first place in 2004 i paid 9250 for it and if i was to sell it at the moment i would lose money on it so i want to play with it.

15. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

this is a question i want to get a style dial with holden on it any one know whereto get one ??? and prices???

16. NickVR

NickVR Active Member

Members Ride:
    VR Executive A4 V8
    nice vr. like the kit. the ls1 is a good mod

17. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

I might say the same about yours:) ....do you have any pics of yours around here!!!

18. sami_1985

sami_1985 Guest

can anyone also tell me how to make pictures i put on here just appear as thumbnails instead of the whole huge picture and also how to make my files smaller its only letting me have one picture on and i have a few more pics i would like to put on like my ones from when i cleaned up a "teenage" cow two weeks off having my second baby Noah:ranting:

19. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    go to http://www.imageshack.us/ and you can upload pics to the internet. It will give you a direct hyperlink to the picture...

Then click the Insert Image option and paste the web address in and your set!

And always save your pics as jpeg to keep the file size decent. Also, do you have Microsoft Office? If so I will tell you how to resize images in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

20. azkwazere

azkwazere Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....

Members Ride:
    VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
    Nice ride...love the kit!!

aZk.