Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sami's VR Commodore

S

sami_1985

Sami's VR Commodore (UPDATED)

Hi all ,
This is my VR Commodore and my baby:) There arent many modifications yet besides the body kit wheels and head unit. But I am looking to do it up. I want to get it lowered and the windows tinted darker and my b/f wants to put an LS1 in it. What do you guys think? and what mods do you think would make my baby Purrfect?

Thanks
Sami

Attachments

• Fronttoside.JPG
    Fronttoside.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 1,377
Last edited by a moderator:
S

sami_1985

Well I like the idea of a V8 . See not that i know a whole lot about cars (im new to it and eager to learn) I have heard once a motor does 300,000 km its time to start saving for a new one and my car is sitting on 291,000 km so i figure im gonna need one soon enough so i might as well go the V8. What do you think?
Thanks

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well with that many km's... you should maybe start saving for a rebuild depending on the condition of the engine so you'll be up for a bit anyway... So the V8 sounds like its worth the investment :yeah:

A 5.0L V8 from another VR would probably be a fair bit cheaper to convert to tho but the LS1 has alot more power! :thumbsup: 5.0L = 165kw compared to LS1 = 225kw+ depending on what model it comes from!

S

sami_1985

1991_Vn2nV said:
:A 5.0L V8 from another VR would probably be a fair bit cheaper to convert to tho but the LS1 has alot more power! :thumbsup: 5.0L = 165kw compared to LS1 = 225kw+ depending on what model it comes from!

I think the power sounds alot better to me.:yeah: I want to redo my interior aswell im just finding it hard to pick colours. I want to respray the outside but i want my car to match. I was thinking a hot pink on the outside but i dunno....i want the inside to match the outside what do you think ?

S

sami_1985

Thats the beauty of it for me. My b/f dad used to spray cars for a living so i only need the paint and stuff cuts the cost down. He is good for a bit of everything he is a car nut knows heaps about them and has many friends in the industry. I recently did my auto gearbox and he got me a second hand one and put it in for me and it cost me around 250.00 plus a carton LOL:yeah: . I like the pink and white colour scheme.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
thats neat, i like that front bar, id reccomend an ls1 or ls2, depending on your funds

S

sami_1985

Bare with me but can anyone tell me the difference between the LS1 and LS2 ????