Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
How are you today Sir failproof, everything has it's time, one day giant bodykits will be awesome. It's just not right now, I have only one request, that is can you please remember to paint the sill panel black :)

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
How are you today Sir failproof, everything has it's time, one day giant bodykits will be awesome. It's just not right now, I have only one request, that is can you please remember to paint the sill panel black :)
Plans:

LS1+T56, 220/220@112 cam, Higgins CNC'd heads (or maybe Trickflows fresh cast from the USA, unsure yet), MAFless, TrueTrac 3.9:1 LSD
Respray when I can be bothered, pure white with jet black bumpers and sills
Keeping the current near-stock look externally but considering adding a fat alloy drop tank to run a proper exhaust down either side of it..
Mulberry interior trim, white metal floors through to boot ( no carpets or deadener)
Keep the car super tidy
One day build a stroker when I get bored of this engine.

In a nutshell I think that's it :)
Sam
:) Yes. Yes I will.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yes paint the sill Black, white is a dead give away for the lexen, but that would be the least of peoples worrys when its up and going haha.

should get a sticker on the back FlexN Da Lexen

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Not so much driveline progress today but the interior had to start coming together at some point

Installed manual pedal box, lots of stumbling points that soaked up too many hours.. was midday before it was in for the final time.

You can just see in this pic the fitting from the clutch master cylinder sticking through my hacked up firewall clutch grommet.. I need to find a grommet for the hole above it.. some split convoluted tube might do for now to keep the rubber line from sawing itself open

P1010499.jpg

Cleaned up the rest of the mulberry trim pieces

Removed a pile more sound deadener from the firewall (bit left in the middle, too hard to get at with HVAC in the way)

Began installing more trim pieces to complete the dash area.. being fussy and obsessive this took a loooong time to get right and I'm still pissed off by at least 10 individual aspects of it all. But they're problems for another day. Steering column trims have shattered mounts so I spent far too long cutting and glueing mounts from the blue set onto the purple set... Probably won't even survive the installation but I'll find out for sure tomorrow night.

I love how all the trim panels change colour differently over 20 years. Fuuuuuu....

P1010498.jpg

P1010497.jpg

Separated engine and gearbox again to clearance the gearbox for starter motor fitment, didn't grind anything yet because at 10pm I think that'd be stretching the friendship with the neighbours..

Here's a pic of the general state of my shed at the moment...

P1010500.jpg

Slowly but surely progress is being made, I must keep telling myself this :)

Sam

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
AHhhh, lvoe lookin in this thread!

Good job dude :D

keep it up!!!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
coming 2gether nicely sam. r u pretty much doin all this urself or with some help?? ur gonna have 2 gimme a hand wen i end up takin my 5L out lol :)

Oh that berlina badge has 2 go u need a lexen 1 haha :p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
coming 2gether nicely sam. r u pretty much doin all this urself or with some help?? ur gonna have 2 gimme a hand wen i end up takin my 5L out lol :)

Oh that berlina badge has 2 go u need a lexen 1 haha :p
Everything myself mate. You'll have to be quick with the 5L if you want help, I'm not going to be in WA for long

Berlina badge can stay as that'll reflect the trim level nicely

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
nice coffee cup do you have matching pyjamas as well

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
nice coffee cup do you have matching pyjamas as well

Yes. o.0

Seriously though, lol@cup but i found it in the pantry from at least 100 years ago so it was easier than finding yet another ice cream container to fill up with vaguely organised loose screws