Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
how did you get the silver around your gauges?

that looks trickery as, never seen anything like it.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Looks sexy doesn't it :)

A forum member here (88greenVN) knocked it up for me, he stopped making them though as far as I'm aware so a bunch of us in WA have very rare custom dash fascias :) Pointless, but awesome looking and rare.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Cleaned down the motor and box SUPER quickly... no time for cleaning, it's not going in to look pretty :) (I must keep telling myself this so I don't get carried away and blow the time limit)

Finished relieving the T56 casing for the starter conversion, also enlarged the bottom air hole quite a bit. I will have to come up with a brilliant plan to block up the gap where the factory starter motor is meant to sit... can see straight in to the flywheel from the forward side and I'm not happy with that.

I fitted the motor and box together for possibly (hopefully) the final time this evening.

I find myself wondering why the CAE starter relocation kit only came with 6 bolts to hold the setup together when there are 8 holes from factory.... I figure an intelligently placed six will do fine until I get to a bolt shop and dig up another pair.

Starter fitted:

P1010502.jpg

Extractors test fitted for clearance around T56 and starter:

P1010503.jpg

P1010504.jpg

P1010505.jpg

P1010508.jpg

P1010506.jpg

And a pic of the general mess, as per usual in my shed..

P1010507.jpg

Sam

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Everything myself mate. You'll have to be quick with the 5L if you want help, I'm not going to be in WA for long

Berlina badge can stay as that'll reflect the trim level nicely

True where n wen u heading off man??

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Looking good, nice one.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Hey sam, im taking a heaterbox out of a car (because my one is ****ed).... just wondering what exactly is holding the heater box in? i undone the 2 bolts at the front (connects to the brackets on the floor) but what else? id look in my gregories but i lost the ****er lol :(

thanks dude

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Hey sam, im taking a heaterbox out of a car (because my one is ****ed).... just wondering what exactly is holding the heater box in? i undone the 2 bolts at the front (connects to the brackets on the floor) but what else? id look in my gregories but i lost the ****er lol :(

thanks dude
Unsure to be honest mate, never pulled one out. I think it's just the 2 bolts there and under the plenum below the windscreen there are 2 allen head bolts where the air con pipes come in. However, I thought it was possible to remove the heater core from the car without dumping AC gas....

Someone else will be able to shed more light on this one

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Damn! thought you took it out.... all good :)

I'll give it a proper look tomorrow, and hopefully i dont flip it and break **** lmao, maybe ill ask sir morton, i think he took his out :D

Thanks dude