Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
You lost me at the "$100 tunes" comment, and I see I missed the party in here :)

Update:
The update is that there is no real update. I lost my license a while back for a healthy amount of time so I haven't really been bothered rushing into anything because there really isn't much point. I have begun collecting parts though.. bought myself HP Tuners software, and some Pacemaker extractors to try this time around. Also bought an engine stand. Going to strip the LS1 down and evaluate whether to give it a freshen-up with a little cam or keep an eye out for a worked 6.0/6.2. The red shell is sitting under a cover safe and sound, looking exactly as it did when I bought it. I still have my Grange too, which I really do need to sell soon. It's a shame but it's probably near on $20k that I don't need tied up and sitting around in a shed..

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
doing a cam? ok that means i have to do one too.... cant let you one up me. let me know which one, ill make sure mine is slightly more aggressive....

:beer chug:

you got a thread on the grange? didnt know you had one....

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Have had it for a while, thread here. Due to be sold soon I think, but I've been saying that for over a year now...

pretty sweet...

this was the very first car i saw that wowed me when i cam to australia in 2003. was walking through the parking garage at melbourne airport with my wife and there was brand new wk grange in turbine grey. i remember saying to her "do all the cars look like that here?" tv's in the headrests and stuff... still remember it all these years later...

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Which one? The white one I just washed it regularly and gave it a good polish once in a while. The red one is neat because it's a fresh paint job - VN_Luke took care of that :)

Side note, things are still happening with this car although I have another ~18 months until I get my licence back.. purchased a fresh engine and GT42, although going that way is completely dependent on me finding an engineer who'll sign off on it. Frankly I don't like my chances but we'll see how things go.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Has this been touched yet ? :p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
In short, no :)

I'm collecting parts. Army has kept me quite busy this year so even if I'd wanted to work on it I wouldn't have got very far yet.

Basically it's still getting the running gear from the white car, except swapping the engine out for a fresh rebuilt LS1 with a sneaky boost cam and a GT42 setup. If I can find someone who will sign off on the car in LS1T form I'll make that happen, otherwise engineer it N/A and slap the turbo on later like everybody else does.

I haven't given up on it yet :D don't lose hope. I don't get my license back until June next year anyway (turns out they reeeeally don't like people violating a court's license disqualification..) so I have plenty of time.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
TBH i was kind of hoping you had given up so i could buy it off you :D hahaha