Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
I got a set of pacemakers and mounts for my vn gen 3 combo fitted mint i am using a turbo 350 auto, HG v8 engine mount rubbers are used withe them

Pretty sure the mounts supplied by CAE are the HG V8 ones - they are certainly similar.

Good to know though, thanks for the info. Although you don't have power steering or a LHS starter conversion I bet :)

Where are your conversion adventure photos? :p I thought that motor you had would never blow up. Still I suppose it took more abuse than most. 6 bolt mains will be a big advantage in your burnout comps, that's for sure.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Need to run LHS start relocation with the pacemaker extractors

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Got the starter out:
1. remove spark plugs (pass. bank)
2. remove all bolts holding passenger header so it was free-flopping everywhere
3. remove two main steering rack mount bolts
4. swing pass. side of steering rack out of its mount and down directly under where it belongs (driver's side stayed in place)
5. swing header ALL OVER THE PLACE, and shout at everything until starter came out the top somehow.

:p It's quite broken.

Pics of starter bits:
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee345/sam_brown_05/SAM_3371_zps96f38401.jpg
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee345/sam_brown_05/SAM_3366_zps59ed08dd.jpg
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee345/sam_brown_05/SAM_3370_zpsc66f27ba.jpg

Not real happy with this either - it sits SO CLOSE to the headers that it's all deteriorated and cracked (surprise surprise, rubber doesn't like 1million degree heat)
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee345/sam_brown_05/SAM_3373_zpscc34215c.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of where it's all at now, general chaos once again :(

SAM_3364_zps706c1af6.jpg

SAM_3362_zpsc96c19f2.jpg

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Make up a heat shield for your starter, they normally have one standard... Any more updates ?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
There's little to no space for a heat shield between the starter and the stupid headers.. :(

On a note of progress, I got the starter repaired by a local bloke - Stuart Starter and Alternator - and can't recommend him highly enough. Works out of his back shed, definitely an excellent find and will recommend to anyone for this sort of work in Townsville. Job cost $60 all up and he had it done in an hour (after hours!).

I have the starter bolted back into place now, just electrical connections to go. Then it's time for a compression test and if that's all OK I can start putting things back together and trying to find the actual source of the wide open injector problem (which isn't really obvious like I hoped it would be).

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
good go man! couldn't manage any warranty out of castle?

i hate compression tests. they never come back good its either broken or still alright haha

you getting pacemakers :)

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
One of the reasons i convinced myself to stay with a Holden V8 was to avoid fitment issues, then I went and replaced pretty much everything with after market parts and put a T56 behind it so I could enjoy fitment issues like everyone else! Cant count the number of places things run to close or have a nice chunk angle grinded out!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I feel your pain, man. The number of times I had the starter out with with my tri-y headers hanging down on the old VQ. Clearance was a nightmare, and the heat from the headers (right on the solenoid) destroyed three of them.

Pains. I feel them. *hugs*

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Castle never mentioned warranty over the phone and I didn't even think to bring it up, being a 3yr? old part..

No Pacemakers yet because I am being smashed with bills lately (two from three rego's within months of each other :S) and the bank account is still reeling from moving house a few months ago... :(

Yeah it all majorly sucks balls but I'm still glad I went this way over the 355 and 1UZ options I was considering as alternatives!!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Mate, you made a VN all it can be, nice work. I say this too much cos I don't read the whole thread, how many rwkw is this pushing besides a realistically insane number?

Holy **** you smashed that starter!