Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VY II Calais

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
I can show you a pick of the mounting and wiring of my amps and box, the ones on my thread dont show the wiring. Lol there's 3 amps and 2 massive component crossovers on that box lol

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
My dad has his parcel shelf sound deadened man, it made a difference!

Looks good, awesome pickup!
Leather conversion?

Kinng

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
I can show you a pick of the mounting and wiring of my amps and box, the ones on my thread dont show the wiring. Lol there's 3 amps and 2 massive component crossovers on that box lol

Yes please!

Yeah it'll be foamed too. Oh boy, this is going from a simple install to something you see done by sound comp guys lol. When I had my system in the ute it was awesome, never needed an ounce of deadener or anything, nothing rattled ;)

Think I should do a custom box for the sub? Currently it's only a slimline because thats what I have from the ute and I save some cash this way (a small factor I need to consider is the money side of things, can't spend more than $1,200-$1,500)

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
My dad has his parcel shelf sound deadened man, it made a difference!

Looks good, awesome pickup!
Leather conversion?

Kinng

Thanks mate.

Nah prefer this interior for now, knowing me I will dirty leather very quickly. Not cashed up either lol so the current interior needs to last a couple years before anything extravagant

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Yes please!

Yeah it'll be foamed too. Oh boy, this is going from a simple install to something you see done by sound comp guys lol. When I had my system in the ute it was awesome, never needed an ounce of deadener or anything, nothing rattled ;)

Think I should do a custom box for the sub? Currently it's only a slimline because thats what I have from the ute and I save some cash this way (a small factor I need to consider is the money side of things, can't spend more than $1,200-$1,500)

If you build your own box, it would most likely come out cheaper and sound better if done right.

Foam is so that the parcel shelf interior doesn't slap onto the metal because that sound is annoying when basing it out. Any foam will do it, cost like under $15 from Clark Rubber.

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
I've already got the Slimline sub and box from the ute.

Just not sure if I should just put a single piece of mdf along the back of the seats to mount the amps and then carpet it so it blends. Havean idea in my head i'll have to measure up tomorrow.

Going into Autobarn and sussing out some stuff.

Kenwood HU
Hertz coaxials
Hertz rear fill
4ch Amp
Wiring for two amps

See what that alone comes to. If its a good price ill just bite the bullet and do it. Missus is working all weekend so it'll keep me amused lol. Getting fidgety coz right now I wish autobarn was open so I could go look lol..

Even if I hook up all the stereo, then deaden when money permits. I'll just gently wear the sound system in, then push it when it's all deadened ;)

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Thanks champ, but I don't want any exterior mods. It's so clean as it is and I don't want it to end up losing it's clean styling.

So.. I went shopping :)

Kicker 400.4 Amp
Kicker Splits
Kicker Coaxials
Pioneer Double Din HU
Wiring

Managed to get all that, as wel as the fascia for the stereo surround for about a grand. Pretty happy :)

If today wasn't Mothers Day, i'd install it today. Ah well.

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Thinking I may place the amps I have on a piece of MDF across the back of the back seat, leaving room to still use the ski hole. OR run the sub in the middle of the two, allowing for a lot more boot space.